[11]

My eyes never left the check, 500 million dollars in cash and it was written by Mr. Russo. This money could do a lot, not only for me but for my parents. I could properly find out who killed them, and maybe get the right justice for them. I've tried myself and I can't stand myself for it. A lawyer, who's been in this industry for nearly 20 years can't find out who killed her parents.

And it was eating me alive.

16 years ago...

In the picturesque town of Santorini, nestled between whitewashed buildings and the blue Aegean Sea, lived Sebastion and Camila, a loving couple with a unique blend of Greek and Spanish heritage. Sebastion, a proud Greek father, and Camila, a passionate Spanish mother, created a home filled with warmth, laughter, and the loving heart of both Mediterranean cultures.

One evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon, the family gathered around the table for a special dinner. The scent of grilled souvlaki and the rich aroma of paella filled the air, creating a mouthwatering smell around the house.

Their mischievous 9-year-old daughter, Freyja, with her curly hair and a smile that could light up the room, excitedly took her place at the table. Sebastion, with his dark skin glowing on the dimmed light, carved the souvlaki with precision, while Camila stirred the paella dish with grace, her olive skin that Sebastion always complimented.

They had marked the day of the end of their fasting and decided to spend the celebration by cooking themselves a rather large dinner. Everything seemed joyful, everybody smiled while they stuffed themselves. Sebastion told tales of his younger life and the beautiful woman he fell in love with. Camila laughed at the embarrassment moments of her.

Freyja, wide-eyed and curious, absorbed every word, her young mind had hoped she would learn more about her parents. As the night progressed they prepared Freyja for bed and Freyja being the mischievous she was decided it would be smart to run around the house with nothing but her colourful clothes and her teddy bear held a firm grip.

Freyja ran to the living room her little legs never stopped, she soon came to a halt when she saw a shadowed figure in front of her.

"Ven a darte un baño Freyja!" [Come take a bath Freyja!]

Her mother shouted as she walked to find her, but when she did fear clutched at her like a claw and every sound of happiness and laughter left the air. Freyja being the child she was stood and faced the shadow figure, Camila attempted to walk over and grab her daughter but the shadow figure knelt at Freyja's level.

"Τι διαρκεί τόσο πολύ;?" [What is taking so long?]

Sebastion came into the frame and saw the look on his wife's face, there he stood next to Camila as she held his wrist in fear. Sebastion being the man he thought he was tried to stay calm for his wife, but Camila herself could tell he was scared as well.