[14]

I opened the door to my house and was greeted with nothing but darkness, strange. Usually, June would be here because she took care of it whenever I was on missions, maybe she called in sick and I didn't notice. Zane brushed past me and stretched with a groan. After our trip to Brazil, we were tired, we got the information we needed now we just need to break it down.

"I'm going to bed, don't wake me up unless someone is dying, or if June called." He walked to his room and I sat on the couch, something was off very off. June didn't seem sick the last time I saw her, she looked fine. I stood up and got myself a glass of tequila, but before I could pour myself a glass the bottle was already there. Opened.

I glanced behind me and saw a glass, June doesn't drink a lot of alcohol and this glass still looked warm, as if someone drank it and left. I scanned around the glass and tried to look for clues, and that's when I saw a lip print. Plump, like Freyja's.

I placed the glass down and took out my phone, shit I should've called her. All I saw were missed messages and calls from her, is she okay? I quickly called her but no answer. Panic rose in me, what if she died? I can't let that happen she works for me.

I walked out of the house and into my car, I didn't know where she was, and I didn't know what to do. This city is huge and she could be anywhere. Another thing was I d if she had friends, maybe if I talked to her more things would change. Think Romeo, who does Freyja know?

Jack?

They seemed pretty close, and I knew where he worked, let's just hope I don't make a scene.

"Oh hell no, who the hell do you think you are you crazy- crazy whatever the hell your name is!" Jack spat, I planned to talk to him after he was done parking but I think he didn't want to see me. 

"I need your help, Jack," I said.

"No, nap, nuh uh, you shot me in the ear you heard that Italian man SHOT as in you took your gun, cocked it, and pointed it at me!" He closed the door to his car and walked past me. Yes I admit I was wrong to hurt him but the police in this country did nothing, Zane said I should get used to it.

"Come on it was not that bad, you seem fine now?" He really did, his ear looked better, and the scar was still visible but he did look better.

"I had to get 26 stitches because of you dumbass." He pointed at me and I tried to reason with him.

"How about I pay you, easy cheesy." He shook his head.

"It's easy peasy, peasy." I looked down embarrassed by my little knowledge of American phrases, it is a struggle to keep up with their culture and I hated the way I had to stay up all night just to learn these English words. The slang was the worst part, my English speaking skills were okay but not enough to impress Freyja.