1.2

Amaya was trailing in Grover's tracks as the two of them made their way to Council of Cloven Elders.

"Look Amaya, I'm telling you, something about this is off." Grover spoke to one of his best friends.

"I know, that's like the fifth time you've said that in the last thirty minutes." She responded rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, okay I'm sorry, but seriously. With you not being to sense Percy's mother in the Underworld and the way that she evaporated, something weird is in play here."

"Which is exactly why we are going to the Council of Cloven Elders; it's okay Grover relax. You're gonna find out what happened."

The two came to a stop watching as one of the grown Naiads dispatched from a tree to greet them. She approached the two, Grover moving to meet her in the middle. She took Grover's hands in her own as she looked over him.

As her eyes moved to his horns she spoke, "You've been picking at them again."

"Yeah." Grover responded, glancing back to Amaya who was leaning on a tree a couple of meters behind him. The dark-haired girl gave him a reassuring smile before he turned his attention back towards the lovely woman in front of him.

"You're too hard on yourself, Grover. You always have been." Her kind eyes full of concern and she watched Grover.

Both magical creatures turned their heads to the opening of the Council. Grover's face was full of worry and stress.

"Don't be nervous. Just be truthful."

"Okay." Grover muttered, he sent one more glance towards Amaya who nodded encouragingly at him before he took a deep breath and following the Naiad into the Council. Amaya and Grover had talked about Amaya going into the Council with him on the way down and they ended up coming to the decision that she should probably stay behind because she wasn't the best at getting her way while being kind and respectful at the same time.

🔱

Amaya and Grover burst into the Big House to find Chiron and Mr D playing a game of cards.

"Sorry to interrupt, is now an okay time to talk?" Grover asked while Amaya tried to catch her breath. Although she had been at the camp for 5 years and was quite fit, she still needed time to catch her breath after running.

"No!" Mr D exclaimed at the same time Chiron said "Yes, go ahead," He seemed to need a way out of that card game.

"It's Sally Jackson." Amaya spoke with a serious look on her face. "We think we know what really happened to her."

Chiron and Mr D shared a glance that did not go unnoticed to the brown eyed girl in the room.

"I've never seen a Minotaur crush a human to death, but I just... assumed that they'd get really squishy, or something, or like... like an old banana, maybe."

"Grover," Chiron interrupted.

"But she evaporated. Like a monster would." The boy continued "So, w-we went to the Cloven Council, and they had actually heard of this happening before. And that, when a mortal is really close to death, Hades himself can actually reach out and-"

"Yes, we know." Chiron interrupted once again.

"What?" Amaya questioned a confused look on her face. "And you haven't told Percy yet?"

"No. No one is gonna tell him anything." Mr D announced a dead serious look on his face.

"I'm... doesn't he deserve to know the truth?" Grover asked while Amaya just stood there opening and closing her mouth like a fish.

"Grover, Amaya, the truth can be very dangerous if it isn't handled carefully." Chiron tried to explain. Amaya's narrowed in suspicion.

"No. He deserves to know what happened. I would give anything right now to know that Sam is alive right now." Amaya hissed anger filling her voice.

"And I don't wanna lie to him anymore." Grover added.

"Come on." Mr D scoffed "There are powerful forces at work here, children. Forces that have laid waste to the Earth before and are close to doing it again. So, you don't wanna lie to your little friend? Too bad. I suggest you steer clear of him, then. Because neither of you will say anything to him about this. Do you understand?"

Grover lowered his head not happy with the answer. "Yes sir." He spoke. Amaya just stood there her arms crossed and eyes narrowed in anger and disgust towards Mr D.

"Amaya. Do. You. Understand?" Mr D repeated.

"I just want you to know that this will come back to bite you on the ass. But yes, I understand." The girl spat before turning around and storming out of the room.

"HEY, DROP THE ATTITUDE YOUNG LADY!" Mr D yelled out after her.

🔱

"Ah, he left you here, left you with nothing." The husky voice spoke. This time Amaya found herself sitting on sand dunes in front of a burning fire. A boy sat across from her on the other side of the fire. His hair was golden and curly, and his eyes were a bright sea-green, the type of colour Amaya felt she could drown in. Their eyes meet briefly both full of confusion and Amaya's with a hint of worry. The two of them stood up facing the talking voice.

"I know how you feel. You want what's been taken from you. You want justice." At this moment Amaya realised it was the grim reaper carrying the light again. In Hades name why was it always a god damn grim reaper. The two teens spun around coming face to face with a massive crater sitting in the ground, sand falling away and into the big hole in front of them. It grew closer and closer, Percy and Amaya were stuck, they couldn't move their feet they couldn't run away.

"AGHHHH" They screamed.

Amaya awoke with jolt. Sitting up in bed she noticed the light pouringin from the windows in her cabin. Sighing she lifted herself out of bed and gotready for the day.