Prologue

It's the year 2050 and Earth as we know it is getting weaker by the year. Mankind has gone insane and most are possessed in self-greed, making life for others impossible to live day by day. World leaders corrupted from their own desires, knowing nothing but death and destruction of their own society. Wars and rumors of war, the one piece of scripture that the Bible has predicted for thousands of years, and mankind grew blind from the signs of the end drawing near.
There was one man who gathered his family and friends to build one of the biggest and first spaceship that had capabilities to travel light-years. These family and friends are a group of scientists and engineers called "The O'Conner Space Program." The idea of building the ship came along after him and his twin brother discovered a livable and stable plant from another solar system light-years from Earth. Sadly, his brother dies from a brain tumor that slowly became cancerous 20 years later.
40 years have passed, and the ship that they named the "X-Shuttle" has been built and getting prepped for boarding. Everyone that has seen and watched the O'Conners built the X-Shuttle laughed and sometimes mocked them. One person came up to one of the O'Conners to question him.

"What's with the spaceship?" the woman questioned, "and why do you even bother to attempt to travel?"

"Its an urgent mission," the man softly states, "My family and I are heading to another planet that when know is livable for all of us, and I believe with all my heart that we can do it without any trouble."

"Oh really," the woman giggled, "if that's what your plans are, how are you going to get there with it being so far away? You wouldn't even make it past 70."

"You're pretty quick to judge young lady," the man said, "This is our last chance for survival, and Earth as we know it is gonna eventually come to an end. Hopefully, our 'Journey Across The Universe' project will provide a way to safely and efficiently take us to our new home across the galaxy far from here."

Mr. O'Conner goes on to explain even further about the project in more depth as a crowd slowly forms around him, where everybody can hear him. Journalists and reporters alike even make way to show the world the X-Shuttle, while the family finishes prepping the ship.

"The X-Shuttle is ready for count down whenever you are Dad."

"Ok," Mr. O'Conner nods, "Start the count down T- 180 minutes. Make sure everyone is on board before the last hour so everyone is on board and ready to go."

"10-4."

"Wait," the woman tightened, "Is it just your family going and nobody else?"

Mr. O'Conner chuckled and said, "Everybody is more than welcomed on board. Honestly, I would recommend everyone standing here today to come aboard so that populating on Comatarus will grow much quicker in the long run."

As soon as Mr. O'Conner answered, "About half the crowd asked to be on board, which made him very well pleased. Mrs. O'Conner herself was even perplexed that this many people wanted on board, especially the young woman herself. The rest of the crowd still mocked them and even held posters that wrote "Wasted Time and Space," and "The Family that Fails," etc. The news would even broadcast that this will wipe half of Earth's population over a vacuous space mission full of garbage science. This didn't bother the family that much since they're mostly focus on the preparation for take off, especially since the X-Shuttle is literally the size of 2 Empire State buildings stacked on top of each other.

Almost 3 hours have passed, and the crowd is at its peak, where the whole world can see the X-Shuttle take off into space. However, this is no ordinary takeoff like you would see on modern television. This is where the family monitors and controls pretty much everything inside the ship, including the thrusters. Now, since there are a lot more people on board, they also have to make sure everyone is buckled and ready for take off. In the cockpit, Mr. O'Conner and his sons are preparing for take-off, flipping a few switches and pressing buttons. Mrs. O'Conner climbs in as she sits beside Mr. O'Conner crossing her fingers.