Chapter 2 | Reuniting

It's been 20 years since the first invasion. Shawn, Emma, Lee, and Jason all grew up in the mountains of Obidiah for the majority of their lives living in different regions of the mountains. Shawn mostly stayed in the middle part of the second mountain, with his father Shane. Emma and Lee lived on the first mountain with a foster family that accepted them as their own. Jason lived in the third mountain with a foster family as well but didn't last after he left them due to afflicted abuse towards him. Jason was eventually found by a Striker and recruited him with the rest of the military. Shane has been suffering years of episodes of PTSD from the event of the invasion, which has caused him to become crippled, while Shawn helps him around the house and keeps up with the bills. Everything that's been going on with what's left of the family for these many years has been quite a drag for them. Shawn still remembers his mom and what has happened to her, but never lets his past get the best of him since Shane needs him the most.

  A lot of money has been spent to keep the new home up, including the furnace, since Obidiah tends to drop below freezing a lot. Shawn hired a butler to help out with the home since he's been too busy with his job down in the valleys of Enoch and has no plans of marrying in the near future. Shane sat near the window, drinking his freshly brewed coffee while looking out the window beside him, wondering how he had managed to get this far in life since the invasion started. He's been very proud of Shawn for stepping up and taking care of the house but was still in destress over the death of his own wife, Sonya. Shane sat his coffee down and saw Shawn coming inside after coming home from work early.

"You're a bit early," Shane said concerningly.

   Shane had a long face as he set his brief case down, walking straight to the living room with his Dad.

"What's the matter, son?" Shane asked.

"Dad, I've been sent home due to the draft."

   Shane felt fear creeping on him as if he's reliving the invasion once again.

"No," Shane muttered. "It can't be, not now."

"I'm sorry," Shawn said, holding Shane's hand. "I know it's bad out there, but remember what you always said, 'God will-"

"Take care of it," Shane said, looking down with tears in his eyes, "Son, I want you to promise me something, and you must never break it. Promise me you make it back in one piece."

  Shawn knew his dad would be worried when he told him. He never wanted to be drafted to the Strikers to begin with.

"I promise," Shane said, "just pray for me, dad, and God will bring me back. That's a promise I will keep."

   Shane suddenly raised himself up, not thinking about his condition, which left Shawn in shock. Shane put his hand on his shoulder, smiling.

"You have officially become a man, son," Shane said, "Your mom would be very proud of you for that."

   Shawn gets his things ready after the conversation and starts heading to the door.

"Shawn."

   Shawn turns around to see his father one last time before leaving.

"Yes, Dad."

"Make them Kì'dəvian bastards pay for killing your mother."

   Shawn nods his head with a crooked grin and heads to the door to get to the recruiting center.

   As the days go by, Shawn slowly becomes one of the most highly trained men in the Strikers Corps, as known as the SC, and then is commanded to take the gelton shot which makes he's body immune to the effects of the force of gravity while traveling in and out of space. He is then stationed at Black Star for further training, which takes a couple of years to accomplish. Within these years, he eventually meets up with some familiar faces during training. Faces that Shawn hasn't seen the invasion at the city of Paul.