[Chapter 02]

Author's POV:

Arpita was awakened by continuous knocking on door. Adjusting herself she went to open the door. The person was none other than her sister 'Taniya'.

''Good Morning Tannu'', arpita greeted her with warm smile.

"Don't dare to call me that. It's only for my loved ones. Call me Taniya or else I guess 'Madam' would be better.", she replied coldly to her.

Though arpita don't like her cold behaviour towards her she always treat her as younger sister.

"By the way, Mom is calling you. Today you're late. You didn't make breakfast and she is angry."

"Ohh sorry",she said realising the time and remembering her last night's nighmare. "Actually yesterday night I didn't slept properl.." , she was cut off by taniya.

"Stop okay. I don't have any interest to hear you. Mom said so I came to wake up you from your beauty sleep. And I'm really getting late for my college. And you have whole day to sleep. So come down fast." And she went.

Soon she got ready an had a look on her outfit salwar-suit which was gifted by one of her friend earlier and suddenly she drowned back in her college time memories.

She misses her friends most. She lost most of their contact but still in touch with few of them.

She shook her head as to brush off the thoughts and went straight to kitchen to find her stepmother making tea.

From distance too, she can feel her anger from her face. She gathered courage to face her.

She went to her and wish her, ''Good Morning Ma'am", she uses 'ma'am' as her stepmother don't like when she address her as 'mom'.

"Nothing is good in life until you are stuck into this house", she said in cold and harsh tone.

Hearing this words, arpita lowered her head.

"Well I think that you forgot your duties, don't you?"
"Shouldn't you make breakfast uptil now rather than seeing me, making my tea."

"I'm sorry Ma'am. I woke up late today.", still lowering her head as she is scared if she meet her eyes and talk with her she would chop her into pieces.

"Oh woke up late. What were you doing, talking with your boyfriendsss or making them fall for you due to your innocent face.", she said sarcastically to her.

Hearing this made her eyes moist but doesn't let them fall.

"No ma'am, I don't have any boyfriend."

"Ofcourse she doesn't have mom. How will someone even like this cheap 'bhenji'.", Taniya said in a laughing tone.

"That's true dear.", her mother replied giving a high-five to taniya.

______________________________________

Stay Safe and Healthy!

Do vote and comment to the story❤️

People your votes and comment will motivate me, it's just about your love.