Chapter 24: The Student Reunion

Three days later

"Hey girl, do you know about the student reunion the day after tomorrow?" Emily finally brought up this after thinking for a while. Perhaps getting her to interact with others could help her get back on her feet. She poked Sarah's forehead when she did not respond. "Hey, are you even listening?"

"Huh? Hasn't it been only 6 months since we graduated? Why are we having a class reunion so soon?" Sarah asked as she toyed with the invitation card on the table.

"Umm...Sarah, you got it wrong. This is not our class reunion. This is a special student reunion organized by some seniors. That means other than our classmates, other seniors will also attend," Emily explained.

"I still don't get the difference." Sarah shrugged. "Isn't that how student reunions work? Why is this one special?"

"People from other classes will be attending." Emily thought of something, her eyes sparkled and she snapped her fingers. "Girl, your chance to go fishing is here. Who knows, you might even get a better one," Emily said with excitement, "Besides, senior Henry just returned to the country and he might attend."

"Who's senior Henry?" Sarah asked blankly.

Emily poked Sarah's forehead again, frustrated. "Girl, Henry is three years our senior and was crowned 'the school hunk' until he graduated; even Brandon can't hold a candle to him.
He was the most extraordinary student who got a direct admission at Harvard and started the renowned Xian Enterprise in his second year.

"Guess what? His company was already listed by the time he graduated and he ventured into the international market a year ago. He also took over his family's business at the same time he got into international markets. I don't know why he enrolled at our university after studying at Harvard.

"I heard he is among the big shots in the international market and he took over their family business a couple of months ago. He is an untouchable handsome CEO with lots and lots of money. He is basically the dream of every single girl I know, well, except you."

By the time Emily finished explaining, her eyes sparkled so much that one could almost see tiny stars in them.

Sarah had Goosebumps all over thinking about Emily's current behavior. She thwacked Emily's hand from her forehead and massaged the area that hurt from poking. She thought for a while and numerous images flashed in her mind but none of them matched Emily's description. "This Henry... I don't recognize him."

"Girl, are you for real?" Emily frowned. "What kind of world do you live in? Are you even a business major graduate? Aren't you afraid that you might die because of inadequate information?"

"Sometimes people with too much information die faster." Sarah chuckled. "But judging from how worked up you are, he must be an important figure. Do you have a photo of him?"

Emily shook her head. "He is a bit weird though, he hates having his photos taken. I heard once that paparazzi took a few photos of him and tried to interview him. He got the media house out of business in a few days. After that, very few reporters dare to get close to him."

"Petty," Sarah snorted.

"Girl, you really don't know who senior Henry is?" Emily refused to believe the extent of Sarah's ignorance.

Sarah shrunk back a little, afraid to meet Emily's eyes, and asked hesitantly, "Should... I know him?"

"Oh, no!" Emily let out a deep breath and face-palmed. Perhaps she should jog her memory a little. "Girl, don't you remember senior Henry who received you in your first year when you just entered the university?"

Sarah seriously tried to recall. "Oh, I only remember there was a male student who guided me halfway before leaving without saying a word. I had to search for half a day for the female dorms dragging around my heavy luggage. I almost had blisters on my feet that day." she finished with an aggrieved tone.

Emily's face stiffened, "then, do you remember the talent show held by the public relations department during the first semester of our first year?" Sarah nodded, signaling her to continue. "Senior Henry personally reviewed your work."

Sarah thought for a while then burst out laughing. "Oh, you are talking about that event where you tricked me into submitting that crappy art?"

Emily nodded. "But that is not the main point."

Sarah smacked her forehead, "Oh, you are talking about that person who said I drew flowers that looked like they could take a piss? Come to think of it, that was the nicest way someone ever told me my drawing sucked." She sighed. "It is a pity I don't remember his face."

Emily pinched her nose bridge at her response. She was about to give up but a light bulb went off in her head. "Girl, what about the time when you thought Long Island Iced Tea wasn't an alcoholic drink and you got dead drunk? Who carried you back to the dorms?"

"What?" Sarah's eyes widened. "You are saying the person who carried me back was Senior Henry?"

Emily's eyes lit up. "You remember?"
Sarah nodded.

"Whew!" Emily wiped off non-existent sweat from her forehead. "Finally our blockhead has been enlightened."

Sarah flipped her hair back and pointed at a tiny scar on the left side of her face just above the temple. "I remember waking up the second morning with a bump on this part. He must have been the one who did it, right?" she grumbled, "My mother was right. Rich and handsome men are not reliable at all." If they were, why would she end up with a bump on her face?

"Girl, forget it." Emily exhaled and shrunk back like her deflated balloon. She realized that she did celebrate too early. She patted Sarah's head as her gossip mood extinguished totally. "Kid, go to sleep. Don't forget we are going shopping tomorrow. You have to look great for the event."

"Did I say I'll go?"

"You are going. End of discussion." With that, she left the room.

After Emily left, Sarah stared at the ceiling in silence. Brandon's face drifted into her mind again. She blinked away the tears that had unknowingly pooled in her eyes like they always did. No, she can't waste her tears on him anymore. It was time to move on. She grabbed her duvet and closed her eyes to sleep.

Gradually, the handsome face of that stranger surfaced in her mind this time and made her heart race. Brandon was kicked into the background this time. After some time, she finally drifted off to sleep with a smile on her face.