Chapter Four

*A few months later*

Harper's Pov

The Justice League, or Young Justice, has been following me and my cousins. "When are they going to stop following us, Harp?" Lucas asks me. I sigh, glancing over my shoulder at the familiar figures trailing behind us. "I'm not sure, Lucas," I reply, frustration lacing my voice. "But we have to stay strong and stick together. We can't let them intimidate us." I throw a smokebomb behind us, and we quickly disappear into the shadows. As we navigate through the city, I can't help but feel a sense of unease. The constant surveillance from the Justice League has taken a toll on our daily lives, making it difficult to trust anyone. However, we must remain vigilant and continue to fight for our freedom, even if it means constantly evading their watchful eyes. "Grandpa, can you get the Justice League or Young Justice off our trail?" I ask through the comms. Grandpa's voice crackles through the comms, filled with determination. "I'll do my best, but we need to be cautious. The Justice League's reach is vast, and their resources are formidable. We must strategize and find a way to outsmart them if we want to stay one step ahead." We ran into Catwoman, so we ran to her. "Catwoman, wait, please." I begged her.

She paused, her eyes scanning the area for any signs of pursuit. "What do you need?" she asked, her voice tinged with skepticism. "We need your help," I pleaded, desperation evident in my tone. "The Justice League is after us, and we can't shake them off. We need someone who knows how to navigate their surveillance and outmaneuver them." Catwoman's expression softened slightly as she considered our request. "Alright," she finally said, a hint of mischief in her eyes. "I'll help you, but only if you promise to make it worth my while." After a while, she helped us lose the Justice League, or young justice. "Thanks for the help, Catwoman. Now for that promise. We are vigilantes." I spoke to Catwoman. I texted Grandpa what happened and asked if we could tell Catwoman our identities. Grandpa replied, cautioning us to be careful with revealing our identities to Catwoman. He reminded us that trust is earned and suggested we proceed with caution, keeping in mind the potential consequences of sharing such sensitive information.

"If we reval our identities, you will promise not to tell anyone." I asked Catwoman. Catwoman paused for a moment, her eyes scanning our faces, before she finally nodded in agreement. "I promise," she replied, her voice filled with a mix of curiosity and determination. With that assurance, we took a deep breath and decided to take the leap of faith, revealing our true identities to Catwoman, knowing that our lives would never be the same again. We took off our masks, then I spoke up, "I'm Harper, and next to me are my cousins. This is Jayden, Rowan, and Lucas." I tell her. Catwoman's eyes widened slightly as she took in our names, her curiosity growing. She extended a gloved hand towards us and said, "It's a pleasure to finally meet the faces behind the masks: Harper, Jayden, Rowan, and Lucas. Rest assured, your secret is safe with me."

*They head back to Wayne Manor*

Jayden's Pov

"Uncle Damian, Grandpa, the Justice League, and the young Justice won't stop following us." I tell them with anger in my voice. "Father, what should we do?" Uncle Damian asks Grandpa. "Well, I don't know when they don't when to quit." Grandpa says it with venom in his voice. I could sense the frustration and tension in the room as Uncle Damian and Grandpa exchanged glances. It was clear that they were contemplating their next move, but their anger towards the persistent pursuit of the Justice League and Young Justice was palpable. "I have an idea." Rowan says. Rowan's voice breaks the silence, capturing everyone's attention. The room falls silent as we all turn to her, eager to hear her plan. "You know the cafe where heroes go with singers?" Rowan asks us. "Yeah, what about it, Ro?" Cas asks her. "Well," Rowan begins, a sly look in her eyes, "what if we work there and find out why they keep following us?" The group looks at each other, intrigued by Rowan's suggestion. "That could be a good way to gather information," Cas says, nodding in agreement. "If we can blend in and gain their trust, we might uncover their motives." The room fills with a sense of determination as they start brainstorming ways to infiltrate the cafe without raising suspicion. After coming up with a plan, Grandpa sent us to bed.