Chapter 5

The shift went quickly. Owen had told everyone to keep an eye on TK and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid or reckless. He didn't. He wasn't himself either. He was quiet,reserved and he barely ate anything. At the end of the shift, Judd found TK in the gym, doing some press ups, sit ups, pull ups, sweat dripping from his forehead. 'Hey little bro, think you've done enough exercise for today besides shift is over you can go home'
TK didn't respond, just kept doing push ups. Suddenly, his arms collapsed from underneath him, his breathing turned to wheezing as he rolled over onto his back and put a hand on his chest, trying to intake some air. 'Hey kid! It's okay just breathe okay deep breaths bro' Judd said trying to reassure him.

-

'Hey son, Carlos is here to pick you up' Owen said stroking his son's hair. TK didn't look up, his eyes stayed glued to the floor, his hands shaking on his knees. Owen practically pulled him to stand up, feeling TK's knees failing under him. Carlos walked over to them, replacing Owen with himself. He wrapped one hand around TK's waist and the other under his arm, keeping him upright while they walked over to the car. 'Keep us updated on how he is' Judd said. Carlos nodded at him and Owen. Owen looked sad with a hint of confusion, TK's symptoms were brought on all at once. It didn't seem like a panic attack or something similar but TK wasn't in a good headspace either. Luckily, he knew Carlos had some weird magic that he could use on TK to get him back in a better place. He went back to his office to get the rest of his stuff before heading home, still worried about his son.

-

'What's going on in that head of yours' Carlos asked him while laying in bed. TK shrugged his shoulders, leaning in closer to Carlos as he wrapped his arm around his waist. 'I think it would be good if you told me, might make you feel better' Carlos said softy, looking into his green eyes which seemed to have lost their spark. TK just looked away.

TK felt trapped. He felt like he physically couldn't respond to Carlos. He felt like someone had removed his vocal cords, prohibiting him from making any noise at all. After laying in bed for a while, he felt paralysed. Not with fear or anger. He just felt...nothing. Everything was grey...just like that day in the police station.