the boy in red.

"Lucy Gray" I whisper "Lucy Gray wake up we're here" I hear her groan as she sits up "are we finally in the Capitol ?"
" yea, cant you hear the peacekeepers outside?" I say as I laugh. She turns her head to the left and puts her ear against the metal walls of our compartment.

I feel something furry brush against my neck, as I reach my hand up to brush it away when I feel a sharp pain  in my neck"did you see what that was Lucy Gray?" I ask her "a bat" she says "guess they wanted revenge for you swattin' at them for the past few days" "just to keep them away from you" i laugh "when are they going to let us out?" She shrugs and i look at the other people on the train with us. A tall boy with a blue and yellow button up shirt ,he's standing next to the girl who hasn't stopped coughing since she got onto the train 5 days ago. I see a small girl hiding in the corner ,she doesn't look much older than 13.

These are all children i think, i cant kill any of them, i wont. Just as im about to ask Lucy Gray to listen again the doors slide open. An older boy dressed in red walks up to where me and lucy gray are stood, he looks me up and down then turns to Lucy Gray. " hello, im your mentor" he says as he hands her a rose " what does my mentor do except bring me roses?" She asks teasingly, as she usually does when shes talking to strangers " I do my best to take care of you." she turns around and looks at me, as if she was asking for help with the boy in red. I jerk my head towards the cart to try to tell Lucy Gray to hurry up, they say its taking us somewhere to sleep, I doubt it will be much better than the train.