Part 34

Eric and his two bandmates headed toward the car as two police cars came screaming to a halt in front of them. The drummer looked around and instantly felt nervous as a man in a suit step out with a sad look on his face. Paul put his hand on the drummer's shoulder as the man showed his badge to Eric and then extended his hand to the younger man.

"What's this about?" Eric asked

"Are you Eric Singer? Engaged to Miss Y/L/N?" The detective asked.

"Yes, Did you find her?" Eric asked, crossing his arms in front of his chest..

"She was found behind a pizza joint on the main with a bag full of children's medicine. She beat up pretty bad, but she is asking for you. Could you tell us who could have done this to her?" The detective asked..

"Her crazy ass ex boyfriend, look at this photo he sent us. We were on our way over there," Eric said..

"Sir, you should have called us and let us find her. We could have put him a way for a long time," the older man replied.

"Heres the address. Go find him if you can, but someone better take me to my girlfriend," Eric said sternly.

The detective nodded his head, and eric followed him to the car. Climbing in the back seat, he felt his heart sink, thinking about the damage Ted could have caused to you and the baby. He waved goodbye to his bandmates as the car rushed away. The drummer tried not to focus on the situation, just what he could do to keep you and his children safe.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 Minutes Later

The drummer passed outside the ICU room as doctors and nurses rushed around to get you hooked up to different machines. No one had given him any answers to the millions of questions he had thrown at them since he walked on to the floor. He stopped in front of the window and prayed for God to let him take your place so you could go on raising Isaiah in peace. The door opened after a few minutes and one doctor walked out, looking over the clipboard.

"How is she? Hows the baby? Can I go see her?" Eric asked.

"Sir, take a breath and take a seat. We are still running many tests on her. It might be a good idea to call in her family though, just in case," The doctor said.

"She has no family. It's just me and her son. Now PLEASE GIVE ME SOME GODDAMN ANSWERS," The drummer screamed.

Eric covered his mouth with his hand and looked at the doctor wide eye. The tears started streaming down his face as he and the doctor stared at each other for a moment. The drummer sank down into a chair and bawled his baby blue eyes out. A nurse came out and waved for the doctor to come back in.

"What's happening?" eric asked

"Her heart stopped Mr. Singer" The doctor said as he ran back inside

Eric watched as they closed the blinds and went to work on the room he loved. He walked down the hall trying to find a payphone to get someone from the band down here to sit with him. The drummer dug around in his pocket, trying to find a quarter when the elevator open and he saw Bruce step out.

"Hey Paul thought it would be good if someone came and kept you company." The guitarist said,

"Y/N is unresponsive right now. They are trying to bring her back. Where's Isaiah?" Eric asked.

"Uncle Paul and Aunt Pam took him out. Gen is working on getting us moved to another hotel. Has the cops been here to talk to you yet?" Bruce asked.

"No, why?" Eric asked

"They couldn't find Ted at that address you gave him," The guitarist said