Angelique's Offer (Ch. 7)

Barnabas as in a meeting with Angie "sell to you? never" He growled "one can not put a price on the restoration of a family's honor" "let me try" She spoke sliding a check across the table, The check read '1 million'. 

Barnabas' nails glided across the check before he sat down "I had no idea that my business acumen was giving you such spasms" He spoke "hypnotizing fishermen isn't a business acumen, Barnabas" She tapped her cigarette on the ash tray.

"those are my terms" She spoke sliding over a piece of paper. "here are my terms; Goest thou to hell and swiftly, please and there may Asmodeus himself suckle from your deceased teat" He spat 

"oh, no one here talk like you anymore, Barnabas" She smiled "yes, indeed. I must say this age does remain a mystery to me, give me one good reason I should not kill you this instant" He asked

"because I'd kill you if you tried" She smiled "impossible that would require mercy. Instead you have made me a monster" "we're both monsters Barnabas, just two big fish in an itty-bitty pond" She stood up putting out her cigarette.

"now we can either fight until one of us is dead or we can have itty-bitty fish together" She spoke picking up his hand, sliding off (Names) ring, Barnabas stood up snatching the ring back. "What is it you want Angelique!" He snapped towards her.

"your love! somewhere deep down in that cold unbeating heart you still love me!" She yelled towards. Barnabas slid the ring back on his finger "you cannot feel love Angelique, if anything it is lust" 

"you know you still want me! you always have! that hedge-creeper wasn't half the women I am!" (hedge-creeper is an 1800s insult meaning 'prostitute') she yelled back getting angry. "You dare have the nerve to insult her you bob tail!" (similar insult) Barnabas snapped back.

Angie was now in his face grabbing his arm as he glared down at her "If I can't have you my love, I'll destroy you" She threatened, Barnabas harshly pulled his arm out of her grip. Leaving her office  

~~~~~~~~

Once he arrived home Barnabas stormed through the door, he began to ascend the stairs before he stopped and turned towards the fireplace spotting (Name) passed out of the lounge. He walked towards her with a confused look, cane hitting the ground after every second step.

Once he was infront of her he looked around the empty entrance before sighing. He hung his cane over his arm leaning down to pick her up as gently as he possibly could.

He carried her all the way to her bedroom laying her down in the bed and tucking her it, the moons light shone between the bedroom curtains illuminating her features. 

Barnabas gently reached out to move a piece of hair behind her ear, his hand resting on her cheek, He lent in to place a kiss on her forehead. 

"I shall try everything within my power to become mortal once more for you my love" He whispered towards her before heading out the door, looking back before closing the door quietly.

~~~~~~~~

He sat down in the basement with Julia, watching the TV as his blood was being drained. "Five more minutes" She said checking her watch taking a sip of whiskey "this is a very silly play" Barnabas said looking at Scooby doo on the TV.

"yeah well, its the only station we get out here, How we doing?" She answered looking at blood pump. "I do not feel as though I'm becoming more human, as yet" He said looking down at his hands.

"give it some time" She patted his shoulder "time doctor, I have an unfortunate excess of" He spoke sadly looking at the TV.

~~~~~~~~~

Victoria woke up in a fright after having a nightmare, The familiar ghost stood by her door "Help me" She murmured before floating down the hallway. 

Victoria got out of bed quickly following the ghost, the ghost passed (Names) bedroom gently touching the door before continuing down the hall, Victoria looked towards the door and ghost.

"do you have anything to do with (Name)? and help with what?" Victoria whispered; her words not being acknowledged. 

The ghost jumped up on the chandelier spinning around it "help me" She muttered softly before falling backwards off the chandelier and through the ground.

 Victoria thought for a moment her field of vision traveling over to the portrait that sat next to the fireplace before, looking up at the chandelier and down the hall towards (Names) room before going back to her own.

~~~~~~~~

The next morning everyone was sitting at breakfast (Minus Julia), Mrs. Johnson, Willie and (Name) (much to Barnabas' dismay) where sitting next to the window making organic orange juice. "A what!?" Elizabeth asked

"A ball and a most splendid one" Barnabas answered "a ball? for who?" Elizabeth asked looking up from the newspaper, "for the entire town of course" He stated.

"don't you know the entire town kinda hates us?" Carolyn spoke slumped in her seat, "Balls are demonstrations of power. Balls are how the ruling class remain the ruling class" He informed as (Name) looked towards them while juicing the orange.

"Exactly what I've been saying this family could use some balls" Roger spoke as Elizabeth glared at him "Indeed" Barnabas agreed not getting what Roger meant. 

"and the Collins family have always held the biggest most wonderful balls" Barnabas said, (Name) was trying not to laugh hiding it with a cough. Barnabas looked towards her, looking back forward after confirming she was fine.

Julia walked in holding her hand up "Jesus can someone shut the drapes?" She asked, Willie went over to blinds closing them slightly. 

"you know Barnabas has a point, don't you think its time we throw some of this dough around, hmm? show the peasants that we're back in action" Roger spoke happily. 

"people don't throw balls anymore stupid" Carolyn poked her food, looking towards Barnabas. "do they not?" He asked confused as Julia drags her cup towards herself.

"they throw happenings" She informed "and how, pray, does one throw a happening?" He asked curious. "well, first things thirst you'll need a mirror ball" She listed.

"whatever that is we shall have it" "and booze, lots of booze" She added "Carolyn" Her mother warned. "we shall have sprits enough to fill a schooners hull" He announced

"and..." she looked down at the magazine sitting next to her "Alice cooper" Roger scoffed silently, as other chuckled "I seem to recall an Alice Cooper from my youth, does she reside in Collinsport?" He asked.

"Not exactly" Is all Carolyn answered "well, she shall be our guest nonetheless" He smiled.