♧Chapter 2♧

~present time~

That conversation with his father was 13 years ago. What Felix didn't know was that this was going to be one of the last talks he would ever have with his father.

His father unfortunatly passed away when he left to go on an adventure, as he liked to call it. He left during the morning, only to never return...

-------------------------------♧------------------------------

Felix was right now in a carraige with his mother, on the way to a gathering that a good family friend, Lord Ascot, was throwing. One of his fathers good friends to be specific.

Felix was just looking out the window, thinking about everything and nothing. Mostly about the fact that he didn't want to go to the stupid assembly in the first place, because then he would have to deal with Hamish.

Hamish Ascot was the son of Lord Ascot, as the name gives away. He has being in love with Felix for ages, or as he likes to call it obsessed. Hamish would take any opportunity to talk to Felix. When he wouldn't want anything more than Hamish to leave him alone.

In the beginning Felix thought that the obsession would die down, but it never did. It only got worse. This caused the hate he had for Hamish to grow aswell. Especially with the way Hamish would talk down to him and others like he was superiour to everyone. This was the moment Felix really decided to hate the guy and try to stay away from him as much as possible. Unlucky for him, that was very hard.

A big part of his dislike for gatherings was because Hamish would almost always be present at them. Felix would have no other choice but to talk to him.

Something else that Felix didn't like about gatherings was the fact that he had to dress up for these kind of things, like he had to today. From the moment he was awake, his mom was complaining to him about how he must look good. He was already irritated from that, but it got so much worse when his mother would say that every outfit he put on wasn't good enough. At some point he had it with her complaininh and just told her to pick what she wanted him to wear.

So now here he was in the carraige, going to a assembly he didn't want to attend, in a suit he hated. It was a light blue colour, one of his least favorite colours. 'I guess this is what I get for letting my mother pick out my outfit.' ,he thought to himself.

His thoughts were quickly interupted when his mother leaned foreward. Brushing a hand trhough his hair to make it look it look a bit more decent, since Gelix decided he wasn't going to try very hard with his hair.

Felix decided in that moment to ask the question that had been on his mind for some time, "Must we go?"

He saw his mother sigh the moment the words came out of his mouth, but he wasn't going to give up that easily.

"Doubt they'll notice if we never arrive" he continued.

"They will notice" his mother replied to him. Unbeknownst to him, his mother had formed a plan together with Lord ascot an his wife to get Felix and Hamish engaged at this gathering. His mother knew it was bad and that Felix wouldn't want it, but it was what was best for them. This is also why they really couldn't miss it.

Suddenly his mother saw something missing from he outfit, a necktie. "Where is your necktie?", she asked. That is when she let her eyes travel to his hands, "and your gloves Felix?"

"I'm against them", Felix quicly answered his mother.

"But you're not properly dressed"

"Who's to say what is proper', he retaliated. He saw his mother giving him a dissapointed look but decided to continue his argument anyway, "What if it was agreed that proper was wearing a codfish on your head? Would you wear it?"