Epilogue

Epilogue

6 years later...

"It's good to be back, isn't it?" I whispered to Charles.

"Yeah, I agree," he said. "It will be good to see your mom and Nicholas again."

Charles and I stayed for a year at my mom's house and during that time, he and Nick had become really close. They went fishing together and Charles would always tell him about his pirate adventures, which, Nick still couldn't believe that I had survived on a pirate ship for 10 years.

"Mommy! Daddy! Where are we going?" yelled a little voice from the other side of the ship.

"It's a surprise!" Charles yelled back.

Yes, a lot has changed. Four years ago Charles and I had our first child together. A beautiful girl that we named Lana, which means "calm as still waters". But she is anything but calm. The whole crew has their hands full with her. She's only four years old but already she wanted to learn how to sword fight and climb the masts, but she's only allowed a wooden sword for now.

Her dark brown hair flew behind her when she ran towards us. Charles picked her up with her bright blue eyes shining with excitement.

"Are we going on an adventure?!" she asked.

"Maybe," I said. "This could be counted as an adventure I guess."

"Are we going to climb rocks?"

"No..."

"Have sword fights?"

"Nope."

"Swim?"

"Maybe."

"That's not much of an adventure!" Lana said, crossing her arms.

"Well you are going to meet some very special people," I said.

"Fine..." she said.

Charles and I laughed and then looked out into the sea to see a small island approaching.

"There it is," Charles said. "Your home."

"This is my home," I said gesturing to the ship and my family. "Nothing can change that."

_____ _____ _____

This is the end of my story!

I had so much fun writing it and I hope you guys enjoyed reading it!

~Kristina