Chapter one: Briar/Nabal

“Who are you?” Those three words kept replaying over and over in my mind. “What?” I just couldn’t think of anything else to say. “Who are you? What happened? And why am I here?” I tried to talk but the words dried up in my throat. I felt a deep ache in my chest. I swallowed and pushed down the hurt.

“You were in a battle and hit by a spell. I will inform everyone of you memory loss.” I then rushed out the room. The pain became to much to ignore. I held my hand to my chest and just kept running. I ran until I went to the royal graveyard. I then walked over to my father’s. He’s not actually dead but he might as well be.

I fall to my knees and tears start flowing freely. “I hate you! I hate you so fucking much! Why did you make me love you huh!? Did you just want me to suffer!?” I was yelling, but I didn’t care. I then looked to the sky. “How is any of this fair!? It doesn’t matter how many sins you’ve done… Everyone looses! I did everything right! I did what you wanted!”

I had so many tears I could no longer see. It was hard to catch my breath. “How dare you make me lose her! Yeah she’s not dead but…” I fall onto the stone. I can’t remember the last time I’ve cried this hard. Have I even done so? I stayed like this for a while before feeling a sharp pain in my eye.

“Ah!” I grab it and when I remove my hand I see blood. Hm. Looks like I burst a blood vessel. I look at the tombstone as blood drips down my face.

I’m going to find a way to fix this. I get up, wipe my dress off, and head to the library. We have tons of books on both medical issues and spells. Well this would be a curse.

Nabal

Ouch… My head…my arms…my everything… I crack open an eyelid and look around. “You’re awake!” Celine says with a smile on her face. She has burns too, but she seems to be handling them well.

“You’ve been out for a while, I got worried. Do your burns hurt? I can fetch someone to give you some medication.” I shake my head. Of course they hurt, but I know they won’t actually come. “Where’s mom?” She messes with her fluffy blue dress. “She’s working right now.” I laugh bitterly. “Figures.”

I look out the window. Celine says more things to me but I don’t hear. She went to Celine first, and once she was safe continued to protect her… I guess a part of me knew but… Celine at some point left. Why? Why did she have another child she was just going to ignore? I lay back down, a lump in my throat forming. I shut my eyes tight. No tears make their way out.