Chapter seven: Nabal

Things have been awkward between us. Ever since that night she threw herself on me things have been different. I’ve just decided to not bring it up and hope things will resolve itself. I sit on the roof waiting for her. It’s kinda chilly out tonight. But that may just be my nerves. Tonight’s the night. I’m going to tell her how I feel. I’m gonna tell her I love her. I can’t sit down, I gotta move. I pace around so much if I could make a dent in the roof, I would.

What do I say? How do I bring it up? What if it’s to fast for her?
Finally she appears. “What is troubling you so?” Aw that voice. It has a distortion to it, but It’s beautiful. “I’m just nervous…” She floats over close to me. I watch her long hair float behind her. It’s as if she’s underwater. “What about?” I close my eyes. “I love you. You mean the world to me. I know it’s only been a couple months, but these feelings are real. My heart belongs to you.”

I then open my eyes. She’s smirking. “I really mean the world to you huh?” I walk closer to her nodding. “Yes! Yes! I would do anything for you. I’ve never had anyone care about me the way you do.” She floats in a way to where she’s bent over me. “Anything?”
“Yes.”
“Your crown?”
“Of course.” She continues moving.
“Your heart and soul?”
“Yes!” I’m straining my neck.
“Your life?”
“Yes…”

I was now on my knees trying to look at her eyes. She then cups my face. “Oh sweet Nabal.” Her face is coming closer to me. She looks so angelic. Her white clear form, the night sky and stars behind her. How did I ever get so lucky? “Tonight, I’m going to make you mine.” Our lips are just barely touching. Just as I’m about to move forward.

“Nabal?” I look and see Celine. “Celine! I..I can explain!” Then she moves in my face and comes closer and…

Ghost

I leaned forward as his lips parted. Now’s my chance. I then force my essence, my soul, into his body. I force his soul deep down to make room for me. I can hear his body strangling. After a few moments of struggle, I can finally see the world through his eyes. Though eyes that are alive. From royal fae eyes. I can’t help the smirk that forms on “my” face. I clench and unclench my new hands. I feel the roof under me. It’s cold. I can feel cold again!

“What the hell did you do to him!?” Celine cried out. She ran over to me. “I knew we were being watched. Of course it was you.” The voice that came out was his. She glared at me. “Get out of him.” I scoffed and walked away.

“Or what? You can’t do anything while I’m in here. All you’ll do is hurt your brother.” I stomped forward. “I don’t know who you are, or what you, but you better get the hell out of him. Before I, or my mother make you. You don’t wanna mess with the queen and the heir.”

I couldn’t help but laugh. Her face was so serious and determined. “I’d like to see you try.” I say not turning my body, only my head. She let out a sort of growl before releasing her wings and charging at me. Now is the perfect time for me to learn how this fae body works. She clasps her hands together quickly.

Once she opens them back up a pool of water formed. She then blasted me with it. I hold my arms up but it did nothing. I fly so far back that I almost fall off the roof. I scramble forward before I tip over the edge. I felt a slight dizziness after realizing how close I was to dying again.

She was racing towards me again. All I could think about was wanting to fly again. The need to escape filled my head. Just then I felt wings release from my back. I take my chance and flap them. I get far enough up I dodge her. But I don't know how to fly like this. As a ghost it was easy. She flew back up and punched me. I lose my balance and fall back onto the roof. “Bitch.”

I then felt something start to flow through me. Holy crap I’m about to use magic. She charged up another water attack. We both were preparing to attack the other.

She made the first move. I rolled over to the side and dodged. The water formed and made a cage. I wondered why she was fighting me. I wave my hands at her and the magic releases. Water chains fly towards her and wrap around her. I ignore how I have no idea how this is restraining her.

I slowly walk towards her. “I can’t have you interfere with my plans.” I grab the chains and drag her over to the edge. She starts to thrash as much as she can. “Let me go! Mom! Guards! Help me!” I roll my eyes. “Oh shut up.” I then wrap my hands around her throat. I then move my arms in a certain way fast and hard. I heard an honestly sickening crack.

“Ugh.” That’s all I heard before she could no longer support her head. I can’t tell if I killed her or not. Probably not. I then grab the chains again and throw her off the roof. I watch her body fall. Her wings flutter.

“No! Celine!!” I look back to see Marina, the queen, bolt after her jumping off the roof. Her tan skin reflects beautifully in the moonlight. Her wings extend and I get to see how truly beautiful they are. They are light blue, so light they are almost clear. They shine in the moonlight as well.

Then I heard it. The pop, well it was more like a bang. Sounded kinda like a mini explosion. Celine had hit the ground. I flap up. Okay think of it like swimming but in the air.

I then used my swimming tactics but with my wings. Turns out it worked. Now that I know how to fly, I started to leave this place. I could hear Marina screams and wails. I didn’t get it all. But from what I heard she was begging Celine to wake up, and begging Ambrosia to spare her baby.

But I can’t think about that right now. I have a crown to win.