Chapter 6

Athena

Halloween rolled around quickly. It always seemed to sneak up on us. I was waiting for Fred to get home. I had just made dinner and I was sitting on the counter, reading a book. My back stood against the wall, my legs crossed and a cup of tea beside me. The only noise in the house was the pages of my book flipping. Two plates stood empty on the table, waiting to be filled. The door creaked open, and I jumped at the sound, placing a hand on my wand.

"Honey, I'm home!" Fred called as he walked through the door. My heart beat slowed and I took a breath. It was just Fred.

"Way to give a girl a heart attack." I paused. "Dinner is ready, get in here and eat." I smiled, ushering him to the table. He paused, walking over in front of me still propped up on the counter.

"Great, but I have something for you first." He reached out, taking my cheek in his hand. He leaned down and kissed me before he said anything else.

"What would that be?"

"Well, obviously you remember that I didn't have a ring when I asked you to marry me?" He asked. I nodded, showing him my empty finger with a joking fashion. "Well, now I do." He took a step back. "So," he got down on one knee, pulling a box from his pocket. "Athena Ember Black, will you marry me?" He flipped it open, and I had to refrain from tackling him into a hug.

"Of course I will." I jumped down, pulling him into a kiss. He smiled and slipped the ring on my finger. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. It was a plain silver band with three diamonds in it. One yellow one in the middle, and two red on each side. On the inside of it, it had forever engraved. "This is amazing." I said, admiring the ring. The feeling reminded me of when he gave me my necklace in sixth year. I wished I could wrap up all of our good memories and put them in a box. I wanted to save them for a bad day, when we needed them.

"Well, an amazing ring would only be fit for an amazing girl." He stood, pulling me into a hug. I let my arms wrap around him, holding him closer.

"That's so cheesy," I laughed. He smiled, giving me a shrug. "You're cheesy."

"I tried my best."

"Oh, shut up. I love it. You went above and beyond." I told him and kissed him softly.

"That's good to know." He laughed, taking a seat at the table. I fulled his plate with food and sat next to him. "Athena,"

"Fred," I mocked. He rolled his eyes, continuing anyway.

"Since it's Halloween, a night for massive mischief, I think it's time to get the group back together." He smirked.

"Mr. Weasley, I think that's a wonderful idea." I grinned.

**

I was almost certain we drank the worlds entire stock of Firewhiskey. At least, my head felt that way when I woke up the next morning. My body ached from the mischief we got up to the night before, but it was still fuzzy. I woke up alone in Fred and I's shared bed. I looked around, attempting to piece together what happened. I stood, groaning at my body's protest. I grabbed some clothes and hopped in the shower. I let the hot water remove the soreness from my joints, and it washed away my headache. When I stepped out, I dressed myself and went to the kitchen. I looked around, trying to find Fred. He was nowhere to be seen, and the joke shop wasn't open today. I shrugged, brushing it off. Maybe he just went out to grab some things.

I grabbed a water bottle and took to the couch, laying there while I finished my drink. Soon enough, a knock sounded on the front door. I stood to answer, pulling it open. "This is a surprise. What's up?" I asked, finding Remus on the other side. He grinned, stepping inside. I closed the door behind him.