Chapter 2: The Confession.

The sounds of his hungry stomach woke Kyle up well before his alarm. It was eight forty-five, and he had just enough time to whip up a meal to fill his stomach before band camp, which began at ten. As he was no stranger to the kitchen, Kyle prepared a hearty breakfast to give him energy for the rest of the day.

He turned on his phone, and saw notifications.

Cue text conversation:

Jodie: 10:44 p.m.
What?
Yo
U there?
?
Prolly asleep imma take a nap too my lungs are tired as hell from practicing.

Kyle: 9:14 a.m.
You'll see.

End text conversation

Thirty-three minutes go by, and Kyle walks to his high school. He enters the band room and his fellow bandmates are getting set up to practice.

"Kyle!" shouted Jodie.

"Jodie! What's up?"

Kyle and everyone else were set up, and they practiced music in the band room before going to the football field, and were ready to practice when Declan, the drum major of the marching band, climbed up a ladder and called out,

"Did you all make sure to not leave your instruments in the band room?"

The members of the band nodded in confirmation, their instruments perfectly in place and ready for a successful practice session.

Declan stepped off the ladder to get a drink of water, and his girlfriend, Becca, kissed him on the cheek and squeezed his butt. Declan blushed.

Kyle and Jodie witnessed it.

"That could be you and Evelyn." whispered Jodie.

Kyle blushed and was red in the face. Even though Jodie didn't say that out loud, he still was embarrassed. He smirked at Jodie, and he said

"Maybe."

"You and Evelyn would be a great couple." Jodie teased, smirking while looking at Kyle's face red from embarrassment. "I am rooting for you two!"

Declan got back on the ladder and they practiced playing through some scales, and also to practice drills. After thirty-seven minutes, they took a break.

"Damn, y'all must be very tired, so take a break." Declan told the band.

"So, what are you ready for?" Jodie asked Kyle.

"Oh, crap! I completely forgot about that text! I was planning on confessing to Evelyn."

"Really? Finally! I've been waiting for this moment!"

Evelyn walked towards them.

"Hello!" 

They struck up a conversation.

"What we're you going to tell me? You said you would tell me tomorrow." asked Evelyn.

"I think I want to tell you a little l-later..." Kyle replied. "There is too many people around to tell you."

"Well, we could go to a secluded area." Evelyn said to Kyle while brushing her fingers on his neck, and then quickly pulling them away. Kyle felt a tingling sensation when she touched him there. "I have something to tell you too. And sorry for accidentally touching your neck, I didn't mean to."

"That's fine. I'm not mad." Kyle responded, smiling a bit. "And I don't think we should go to a secluded area, because Declan or the band director might think we're missing"