omoris ending

"I have something to tell you," Sunny says as he walks into the hospital room where he sees his four closest friends, Basil, Aubrey, Kel, and Hero. They were surrounding the hospital bed Basil was lying down in. "Sunny!" Kel exclaimed. "How are you feeling?" Hero inquired. "I'm feeling okay I guess. But I need to tell all of you guys something. It's important. It's..about Mari." Aubrey looked surprised. "What about her?" "I..her death. It was my fault." Sunny's hands get clammy. Basil stares at Sunny. He knows what he's about to say. "Sunny, don't blame yourself. It's okay. Nobody could have guessed she would go out the way she chose," Hero explained. "No. I..it..it really was my fault. She..she didn't take her own life." Everyone stares at Sunny with confusion. He starts to tear up. He knew this would cause problems. But there was no going back. This was what needed to happen, even his conscious knew it. This was the only way him and Basil could let her go. "I killed her. I killed Mari." Everyone stares. "You..you killed Mari..? What..how?" Hero couldn't believe what he just heard. The girl that he loved. The girl he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Sunny had killed his own sister. "I-It..i-it was an accident. I swear. I.." By now Sunny had tears rolling down his face. "I promise. I promise it was an accident. The day before of our recital me and Mari-w-well we got in a huge fight b-because I accidentally broke my v-violin..I..I didn't really think I was ready either. I..I wasn't good enough t-to play with someone as talented as her.." He needed to continue. He knew he did. Sunny was doing this for Mari. His sister. He loved his sister. But this wasn't just for her. This was for Basil and himself. This was so they could finally live without keeping this terrible secret from the world. His friends needed to know. "I..our fight..it was by the staircase. I t-tried to leave. I promise. I tried. But she..Mari..she blocked my p-path.." It was really hard for Sunny to continue. He had kept this down and never told anyone for years. He was scared. But suddenly, he remembered. He remembered Maris words; "Steady your heartbeat. Don't be afraid. It's not as scary as you think." He remembered all of the fun times with Mari. All the hours they practiced together for their recital, every moment they spent together. He remembered it. All of it. He needed to do this. For Mari.

"I-I got mad

"I-I got mad..s-so..I..I pushed her..I promise it was an accident. I didn't know..I-I loved her. I never wanted to hurt her..Basil was over h-he saw the whole thing. We..we staged her suicide. B-Basil said it was the only way..I..I was panicking. I didn't know what to do..so I..I went along with it. I'm so sorry." By now Sunny had broken down crying on the floor. Everyone was in complete shock. Basil just sat there. He didn't know what to say or how to feel. "I.." Basil started. "I'm sorry too..I don't deserve to be forgiven. I'm so sorry. I just-I just wanted the best for Sunny. I just wanted to protect him. I'm so sorry.." Basil broke down into tears. Hero was absolutely stunned. "I-I'm gonna go.." Hero walked out quietly. "So..you're telling me that for four years..you've been lying to me about Mari? Someone I cared about. Someone who made me feel wanted and loved. You..you just..lied?.." "I-I'm so sorry-'' "Don't even TRY to fix what you did with a stupid apology Sunny. Nothing will EVER fix what you did. You lied. For years. I can't believe you. And to think..I trusted you.." Aubrey broke down into tears. She was upset, angry—furious even, at this fact. "I..I HATE YOU!! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS YOU ME!?" "Aubrey, please calm down, I'm sure we can work this out—'' "STOP TRYING TO SOLVE THIS KEL!" Aubrey screamed. She was crying. They all were. Nobody knew how to accept this fact. Right as Aubrey was screaming, Kel interrupted her. "STOP YELLING!!" Kel exclaimed. "AUBREY! Calm down. Please!!" Aubrey cried more. "We are all upset. Of course we are. We cared about Mari. We loved her. But do you really think that yelling is going to fix anything? Mari was one of best things that ever happened to me. But..If we think about it..they were panicking. They were just kids. Basil just wanted to protect Sunny. We don't have to forgive and forget in order to move on. We are allowed to not forgive them. I definitely do not forgive them. And I think it is going to be a long time before I can fully get over this. But we can stay together. All of us. We can remain friends even in the hardest of times—like this—because it was what Mari would have wanted. She would have wanted all of us to stay friends. How about..we go home, Aubrey. We can talk about this in the morning. Plus, Basil and Sunny still need time to heal. I think it would be best if we could go home and properly digest this information." "I..I guess you're right, Kel." said. Aubrey left, Kel followed behind. "See you tomorrow, Sunny and Basil. Rest well." Now it was just Sunny and Basil. They stared at each other for a moment, but after a while, Sunny walked up to Basils hospital bed, sat down, and finally said; "Everything can finally be okay, Basil. We are okay."