Chapter Ten

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

( Terribly Desirable )    ✝︎     ───      10.
Cherokee Rose.

MELODY RUSHED to her dad the minute she seen him getting off his motorcycle, wrapping her arms around him. Daryl let out a relieved breath to see that his daughter was okay, his arms wrapping her in return. He kissed her temple before pulling away, leaving one of his arms wrapped around her shoulders.

While the others discussed everything that had happened, Melody stayed silent and leaned her head on her dad's shoulder. After everyone had caught up, they stood around a pile of rocks to pay respect to Otis who had gotten killed while he and Shane were coming back from the run.

Melody didn't pay attention to what Hershel was saying, zoning out and playing with the bracelet on her wrist. Daryl rubbed her arm, keeping her close. He hated when they were separated for too long, he never knew if she was going to be okay or not. Yes, she was great with a crossbow but that didn't mean he wasn't going to worry. She was his daughter after all.

MELODY STARED after her crossbow with a longing look and a pout as Rick takes it from her, crossing in her arms in an act of defiance. Thankfully, he hadn't noticed the small knife that she had hid in her shoe. She walked over to the house, walking into the room that Carl was in.

Carl looked over at her with a tired expression on his face, his eyes lighting up when he seen her. Melody smiled at him, sitting on the bed next to him. She moved his hair away from his forehead, letting him rest his head on her chest.

"Your dad stole my baby," Melody told him, narrowing her eyes as he sticks out his tongue at her. "If I knock him out, will you back me up?"

Carl nodded his head, wincing as he moved his hand to give her a fist bump. Melody returned the gesture, a grin on both of their faces.

"I heard what you said about that guy," Carl teases as he turns his head to look up at her. Melody groaned, scrunching her face up. "Once I get better, I'm going to have a long talk with him."

"That's if my dad doesn't beat you to it," Melody laughs nervously, biting the inside of her cheek. Carl nodded his head, a pained wince leaving his mouth as he shifts slightly. Melody looked down at him with a concerned look. "Don't move around too much, you'll hurt yourself."

"Sorry," Carl apologised, laying back down. Melody fixed the pillow he had been using, gently placing his head onto the pillow.