6.

Author's POV

Paridhi’s heart pounded as she felt Rudra’s intense gaze burn through her. With her dupatta drawn over her head and mouth, only her wide, fearful eyes were exposed, revealing the turmoil within her. As Baldev approached, Paridhi instinctively lowered her head, desperate to avoid any confrontation.

"Let’s go," Rudra’s voice cut through the tension, halting Baldev in his tracks. He spared Paridhi one last, lingering glance before turning on his heel, with Baldev trailing behind him.

The roar of their departing vehicle gradually faded, allowing Paridhi to finally exhale the breath she hadn’t realized she was holding. Her heart, which had nearly frozen in terror, resumed its steady rhythm.

Kanak appeared beside her, wrapping Paridhi in a comforting embrace as she trembled from the unsettling encounter. With gentle hands, Kanak wiped away her tears. "Let’s hurry home," she whispered, her voice soothing. Together, they left the tense scene behind them.

When Paridhi entered the house, she found her mother engrossed in preparing dinner. Without missing a beat, she quickly washed her hands and face before stepping into the kitchen to offer her help. But Aarti, sensing her daughter’s unease, gently intervened. "Take a break, Paridhi. Watch some TV and relax."

Normally, Paridhi would have been surprised by such an offer, but today she was too preoccupied to question it. Obediently, she joined her grandmother and younger brother in front of the television, where a serial played in the background.

Yet, the echoes of the earlier chaos—the beating, the shouting, the gunshots—still reverberated in her mind, making it nearly impossible to focus on the scenes unfolding on the screen.

Later, when her father arrives home, the family gathers together to share a meal. Paridhi chose to sleep beside her grandmother today after the horrible scene.

As time passes, the wedding day draws nearer.

However, during this period, an unfortunate event occurs—Abhimanyu accident, causing the wedding preparations to come to a halt. Just as the families are about to send out the invitations, they decide to pause everything, leading to tension on both sides.

In this difficult time, Abhimanyu requests a simple wedding at the temple, with only the immediate families present. Both families agree to his wishes.

As the days pass quickly, the preparations continue in earnest.

At Rajesh's house, only Kanak's family is with them. Despite the simplicity of the ceremony, Rajesh ensures that the house is beautifully decorated.

He spares no effort in adorning the lawn, creating a picturesque setting for the celebrations.

Today marks the beginning of the pre-wedding rituals.

[The Haldi ceremony is held, where the bride and groom are adorned with turmeric. After this, they traditionally remain inside the house to avoid any bad omens.]

Paridhi is prepared for the Haldi ceremony and brought out to the beautifully decorated lawn, where she is seated.