7: Epilogue

AN: Due to popular demand, I've decided to make an epilogue for our fun friends here. I hope you like it!

---------

Barry wakes up feeling better than he could ever remember. He's been feeling that way a lot lately, but today is special. Today he has some fantastic new memories to run through as he turns to the man lying in bed next to him.

He watches Hal sleep for a moment, stretching it out a little for his own pleasure. It really is something special to see Hal sleep. Probably because of how rare it is to catch him when he's not talking.

Barry can't help it. He leans over and kisses his boyfriend on the nose. Well, they must be more than boyfriends now. At least, Barry figures it that way. Hal probably does too.

Barry kisses him again just because he can, and leans back to watch Hal's eyes flutter open. They wear matching grins as Hal kisses Barry back.

"Morning, Bear," Hal says lazily. Barry grins wider. "Some night, huh?"

Barry raises an eyebrow. "'Some night'? Really? I'd have thought you'd have something a little better to say the night after we first have sex, Hal."

Hal shrugs. "Well, when you put it that way. I was sort of going for subtlety."

He tries to kiss Barry, but Barry pulls back. "You? Subtle? I don't think I'll live to see that day."

"Barry, I'm trying to get you in the mood. Will you stop being sarcastic for two seconds so I can do just that?" Barry smiles a little, placing his hand at the back of Hal's neck as he does so.

"I'll try," he whispers, "but I'm not making any promises. Partner."

The word sends Hal forward in a rush of love for Barry, causing him to kiss his lover with as much voracity as possible. Barry kisses back just as hard.

"God, I love you," Hal mumbles against his skin. "You're so perfect."

Barry gives a small laugh. "How can I be the perfect one? That's hardly fair to you now is it?" Hal stops to give a small glare. Barry rolls his eyes and kisses his partner slowly. "I love you too, you big goof."

Barry just knows Hal is about to make fun of his choice of words, but he's saved by the ringing of his phone. Hal groans when he goes to pick it up, but doesn't stop him. He knows he can't afford to, not in their line of work.

"Hello?" Barry asks. He didn't check the number before picking up.

"Dude! Is there anyone with you? I'm kind of in deep shit down here!"

"Hey, is that Oliver?" Hal asks. He leans into the phone and yells "Ollie! Bro!"

"Bro!" Oliver yells back, then pauses. Barry hears something shatter in the background. "Ew gross are you guys doing couple things?!? Ugh never mind, don't tell me. Just get over here and take over guard duty. Dinah just suggested I come over and beat up thugs in her alley!"

Barry raises an eyebrow, knowing that Oliver can feel the disappointment over the phone. "Please tell me that wasn't an innuendo."

"Oh no," Oliver assures, "I would never joke about beating people up with my Pretty Bird."

Barry sighs. He was really hoping to... You know... Sleep in today. "Fine. We'll be there in a--" he hears Hal chuckle and Ollie start a 'don't say it!' "flash." Barry finishes, then hangs up before Oliver's groan gets across the invisible phone lines.

"What's he want," Hal groans, flopping back onto the bed.

"He wants us to watch the kids. And soon." Barry smiles as he lays down next to Hal. "But he can wait five minutes, don't you think?"

"Oh yeah, definitely," Hal agrees. "In fact, we'd better make it ten just to be sure he's got adequate time to prepare or whatever."

"Oh yes, ten would be much better." It ends up being more like fifteen, but Barry doesn't get to do this sort of thing often. Oliver's superdate can wait. After all, he and Hal have all the time in the world.