The Prelude

Melody was absolutely elated to begin her journey at the Ever After Academy. She had heard a great deal of good things by both her mother and her father. Everyone knew the story of Melody's parents. Her mother was one of King Triton's May daughters. Her mother, Ariel grew up dreaming of the human world. Despite her fathers warning about the human world, Ariel made a deal with an evil sea witch named Ursula to trade her voice for a pair of legs. In her quest to win Prince Eric's heart, Ariel faced various challenges, including losing her voice and dealing with the witches' treachery. However, her selfless actions ultimately led to her transformation into a human and a reunion with her Prince, and thus living happily ever after.

King Triton then offered Ariel the ability to return to the Sea as she so desired due to the magic placed within a locket he gave her. A second locket would be made when Melody became 'old enough'. From the beginning, Melody had always expressed her love for the sea far before she could even walk let alone swim. It was her mother, Ariel who made the decision to introduce Melody to Atlantic at the age of just six years old. Melody then spent the remainder of her childhood in the sea more than on land due to her adoration for the watery Kingdom her grandfather ruled beneath the Seas surface. Melody is also incredibly close to her 'Aunties' as well as her grandfather. Due to not spending as much time on land as she does the sea, her customs and knowledge of the 'land dwellers' is similar to her mothers in being uneducated on the world around her.

For example, forks are dinglehoppers and spoons are a sign of friendship. This has given her a disadvantage entering Ever After Academy because she lacks that common knowledge that everyone else has for the most part. Melody is optimistic and eager to learn nonetheless as she is excited to see what the future has in store, as well as being hopeful of finding her happily ever after.

While Melody was raised beneath the sea, Theodore Hook was raised just above the watery depths as he grew up on the Jolly Roger, sailing the infamous seas of Neverland. Spending his days fishing and practicing his swordsmanship with his fathers crew as he did his best to stay out of his fathers way. Instead, he began to pave a path of his own. One that involved his registration to attend the Ever After Academy.

Two entirely different worlds that were not so far apart.