Chapter 11

Y/n POV

I surely didn't expect a warm welcome, to be honest I was expecting some growls and some mean comments thrown here and there; instead I was greeted, once again, with the view of one's shoulders and with a hard stare from the taller hybrid, who I just now realize is a tiger, the orange and black stripes on his ears and tail are a give away.

It can be considered an improvement, right?

Jin's hand is still holding mine tightly, and I'm really thankful 'cause at the moment it's the only thing that is keeping me grounded. even more so when the tiger hybrid growls "What is she doing here?"

His long striped tail is lowered and it occasionally twitches intensely, he seems calm, but in his hard and focused stare I can see something else. Danger. In his eyes I can recognize a hybrid ready to attack to protect his family.

I'm ready to call it a day and get out, we can try another day, but Jin speaks before I even have time to open my mouth.

" She ... has a name and is my mate. We already talked about that, so please drop it, hm? Do it for hyung... Please Taehyung-ie"

I know this isn't an ideal situation, but Jin taking my side and claiming me as his mate in front of his others makes me feel all giddy and my chest fills with pride. Damn I'm his mate and I have to raise my head and act like one. And this is the time to do it.

"I'm Y/n" I say smiling kindly and holding out my hand to the hybrid whose name I finally know.

It doesn't surprise me when he looks at my hand like an offending intruder in his personal space, what does it's the fact that he actually takes my hand in his big, warm and embracing one, so much so that my hand totally disappears in his. "Taehyung"

It doesn't last much but the sensation of his hand around mine makes my heart flutter. Maybe for the slight fear that he still instills in me? The fact remains that it catches me so off guard that I almost don't hear Jin talking.

"I'm going to take a shower, I'll be back in a few minutes. In the meantime you can talk a little bit, yeah?"

I'm not so comfortable being alone with them already, but it will have to happen sooner or later, so I cast him an insecure smile and nod slightly.

After giving Taehyung, me and the other hybrid a peck on our cheeks, Jin disappears in the bathroom of their room.

My gaze remains on the hybrid whose identity I still don't know; since I entered the room he has never moved, never spoken, never uttered any sound. He has remained sitting there on the bed, with his back to me and with his gaze looking out the window, toward the dense bush that stretches behind the Azalea center.

I wish I could have seen his face at least once, looking at his features I guess he has one of the prettiest faces. I don't know how I know it, but I do. Everything of his back is pretty: his tiny waist, his tiny but surely strong shoulders, his silky black hair, his fluffy tail and ears. They are black and dark orange. He surely is a fox hybrid. Pretty.

I am as if in trans, lost to his mere presence, lost to the thoughts revolving around him. What is he looking at? What is he thinking about? What is his name? I would like to see his face. I would like to hear his voice. Why doesn't he turn around? How can he be so still, that even his ears didn't make any movement? Why doesn't he speak? I would like him to talk to me. I would like to make him talk. I would like to make him turn around.

And that's how I find myself, without realizing it and with my gaze fixed on the back of his head, addressing him, "Hi"

Is just a little whisper, just a little word that wants to break the deafening silence between us but not intends to break the little bubble that has been created between us.