Ch 2

Previously on focus on me

Malani falls behind when she feels one of the straps of her heels started coming undone. She walks over to the side putting her hand against the wall, bending down lifting one of her legs so she could fix her shoe. As she is fixing her shoe she began wobbling but a hand grabs her's helping her. Malani looks up and sees the guy from earlier. The one who snatched her phone.

"Yo That was fire." Damon says as Malani looks down at their hands and pulls away. "I'm good. Thanks." Malani says looking at him up and down.  "Uh, listen, about earlier, um, there's been just, like, a lot more attention lately, so I'm still getting used to the whole loss of privacy thing," Damon admits, causing Malani to give him a skeptical look.

"Oh, that's it? That's your apology? Because all I'm hearing is an excuse that sounds personal," Malani says, folding her arms defensively. "Uh, nah. Of... of course not. What I meant was, like, I'm sorry that I was a little..." Damon trails off, struggling to find the right words.

"Obnoxious? Over the top? Opinionated?" Malani says giving him options to choose from. "Did you want me to pick one?" Damon asks causing Malani to look at him. "Okay, yes, all right. All of the above. Now, can I get a do-over for real this time? I'm Damon Sims." Damon introduces himself, extending his hand to Malani. Malani looks at his hand and then puts her hand in his. "Malani Hicks," she says, introducing herself. "Okay, Malani Hicks," Damon repeats, making them both chuckle.
...
"So, what are the chances I can talk you into showing me around campus tomorrow?" Damon asks as Malani looks at him pretending to think. "Hmmm I'll think about it" Malani says teasingly making them both chuckle.

"Aye you alright?" Spencer says walking to his best friend as Jordan follows. "Yeah he was helping me with my heels" Malani explains as Spencer nods.  "I just came back here to compliment her on the show." Damon explains as he turns to Spencer who looks at him. "I know you, right?" Damon asks.

"I don't think so." Spencer answers shaking his head. "Justice for Tamika, right? You're the football cat that set off the chain of forfeits. Made national news. I'm Damon Sims." Damon introduces himself as he puts his and out for a handshake as Spencer grabs it. "I'm Spencer James" Spencer answers.

"Hey, bro. I've been calling you. Check your damn phone." JR says causing Damon to reach in his pocket, pull out his phone to check it. There was an article saying Damon sims tries out for championship winning bringston lions. Bye Bye MLB7. "You're the top story on every sports news feed." Damon's friend says making Malani look between the two confused.

...

The next day, Malani found herself drawn to a wall with historical portraits. "Did you know Marian Wright Edelman was the first woman in Mississippi to pass the bar exam?" Malani exclaims, studying a striking portrait. "She was a lawyer for the NAACP, a Spelman grad, and received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2000. She's truly remarkable."

Simone, scanning the wall with interest, chimed in, "It's incredible. Yet, why aren't figures like her and Toni Morrison part of our English lit required reading?" Olivia nods thoughtfully. "This place seems to have a way of opening our eyes, doesn't it ?" Olivia says turning to the sisters who nod.

"Yeah," Simone admits, a hint of surprise in her voice. "I didn't expect to come here and feel so... enriched."

Malani gazes at the wall in awe and adoration, when Suddenly Simone gets a notification causing her to check it. "It's Keisha. She's with Spencer and Jordan already. Oh, and she says, "you better haul ass."

Olivia and Malani look at Simone. "OK, stop. Keisha is cool." Simone says as Malani and Olivia turn away. All I'm saying is I'm not surprised that she's already with Spencer." Malani adds in. "OK, well, if you're not going to go after what you want, you can't get mad when somebody else does. " Simone advises as Malani gives her a look. "Girl Take your own advice." Malani says chuckling as she walks away.

...

Later that night, the crew arrives at the party. The atmosphere is electric, with people dancing and drinks flowing freely. "Now we're talking," Jordan says, looking around with a grin. "I know, babe. You've been wanting to party all weekend," Simone replies, making him nod eagerly. "I've been wanting to grind on my wife a little bit. Mwah," he says as they share a kiss, prompting exaggerated groans from the group. "Ew," Malani mumbles.

"I know," Spencer adds, leaning on her. "Try not to gross us out," Olivia says, giving them a look that makes Jordan roll his eyes. "Man, whatever, y'all," Jordan replies dismissively.

Just then, Keisha walks over, throwing an arm around Spencer while Malani stands awkwardly nearby. "Yay, y'all are here! Let's go!" Keisha exclaims, pulling Spencer towards the dance floor. Olivia nudges Malani. "Girl, you have to tell him, or Keisha will," she says, watching Keisha and Spencer dance.

"He's my best friend... I don't want to lose that," Malani explains, shaking her head in uncertainty. Spencer turns back to the group, grinning. "OK!" he says, clearly ready for a night of fun. "Hey, yo, Nate, K.E.K. Punch for everybody." Keisha says to Nate who nods. "Oh, actually, no punch for me. I'm sober, so..." olivia says trailing off as Malani nods. "Yeah I don't drink" Malani adds in. "Good for yall" Keisha says with smile before walking away. Nate dips the cup in a trash can causing the crew to look in disgust. "Dear god, tell me that's not a trash can." He says in digust. "It's the cleanest thing in here. Trust. " Keisha says as Nate makes her way back to the crew.

"Here y'all go. Cheers, bitches." Nate says raising her glass as everyone follows expect malani and Olivia who had water bottles. As the party progressed everyone was dancing.

Spencer takes Malani's hand as they started grinding to the music causing Simone and Olivia to record with smiles. "Oooo look at those two," Simone says, laughing as she holds up her phone, capturing the moment. "They are too cute together." Olivia nods, "I know, right? They should just admit they have feelings for each other."

Spencer pulls Malani closer, their bodies moving in sync with the rhythm. "You having fun?" he asks, his voice just audible over the music. "Yeah," Malani replies, a bit breathless. "This is awesome."

....

Malani was in a room on the couch catching her breath from dancing. As Damon walks by he sees Malani on the couch drinking from her water bottle."Malani hicks." Damon says gaining the attention of Malani. "Why do you keep saying my name like that?" Malani asks as he comes and sits next to her. "'Cause it's dоpе." He answers making her shake her head. "If you say so" Malani responds causing him to chuckle. There was a big silence until Damon breaks it.

"So, you enjoying the party?" he asks, looking at her with a smile. "Yeah, it's been fun. Just needed a break from all the dancing," she replies, taking another sip of water. Damon nods. "I get that. Sometimes you just need a moment to chill." Malani looks at him, curiosity in her eyes. "What about you? You having a good time?" "Yeah, it's been cool. But, honestly, I'm enjoying this conversation more," Damon says, his tone sincere.

"Okay smooth operator" Malani says making them both chuckle. Before Damon could say anything else cam walks in facing the attention of them both. "Yo, you seen J.R.? He's been M.I.A. since that baseball nonsense hit." Cam says as Damon looks at him confused l. "Wait, I thought he was in there." Damon says as cam shakes his head no.

Damon or Spencer ??? 🤭🤭

Like

Comment

Share!!!