Chapter 4: Guilty

Throughout the week as they approached closer to the deadline, Branch met and talked with Sunny a handful of times. Although, the other seemed reluctant and distant than when they first met. He never asked why that was though. He didn't feel it was his place since he barely knew the troll.

Like right now, Sunny seemed in deep thought, not even paying attention when the other almost ran into something before Branch stopped him by blocking his path.

"Hey, I don't like to butt into others' personal problems but I can tell there is something obvious on your mind. Just know if you want to talk at all, I can listen." Branch wanted to be understanding and let the other feel comfortable.

Sunny bit down on his bottom lip as that awful feeling resurfaced again. He hated it but he hated the King even more for making him feel like this. He wished he could rid himself of these feelings or even rid himself of the King which they were going to do in a way. Just not soon enough, he hoped the guilt would leave after that.

"Sunny?" Branch called the other wondering if he heard him.

"I just have a lot on my mind..." He admitted that much but something else slipped by without him noticing until after he said it. "Do you ever feel... guilty?"

"Oh..." Branch wasn't sure why he asked but if confiding in him helped even just a little- "Sometimes I feel it when I think about all my family and friends. I wasn't always the way I am now. I used to be gray, the village hermit who lived in a bunker without pants."

Sunny held back a laugh because what did pants have to do with the conversation? "Why do you have to feel guilty though?" He wondered because if it was the pants thing he definitely thought it was silly.

"At the time, a Bergen attacked us and Poppy came asking for my help because our friends got taken. You know what I told her? No, why don't you try scrap booking them to freedom. I was really going to leave them for dead. I was going to miss out on all of this." Branch motioned around him.

"Oh... wow... that's kinda messed up." Sunny admitted before feeling sorry that he had said that from the other's reaction. "Uhh, hey. Don't worry, I've done some crazy-" he was cut off and interrupted before he could finish.

"Mi Amor!"

Branch turned his head as Tresillo wrapped an arm around his shoulder in a friendly manner. It still confused him what those words meant, he should ask Clay or Viva someday. Maybe they would know.

"Tracy!" Wani called as she rushed over and grabbed onto Branch's arm. "You always get to dance with him first!" She didn't like that he always got to him before her.

"Again, it's Tresillo." He corrected as he let go of Branch, knowing she was going to take the chance to snatch the other away, which she did. Albeit, he was reluctant.

"Not again." Branch groaned when he was spun away and before he knew it, the other K-Pop trolls suddenly appeared at his side one by one and began to dance to some music. He smiled a little and couldn't resist the temptation as he started to dance with them.

Tresillo watched for a few seconds when he glanced towards the stranger and whispered. "I heard what happened, stay away from him." He warned before running off to go steal back Branch.

"Crap..." Sunny said to himself because Cross was going to be angry if he found out that others knew what he had done to the king. This was just going to make things so much harder if more trolls are going to keep an eye on the blue troll and to him to an extent. At least they could confirm one thing in the magazine. He really was beloved by pretty much everyone.