Chapter 2: First Encounter

Branch and Poppy were holding hands when they jumped down from the bugs they were flying on. Shelly, who was in Branch's hair, had sprung out only for Poppy to catch her and spin around. They both giggled in delight.

"If there was a competition to see who would be the least careful in the village, you two would win, hands down." Branch was sure of that fact.

"Pfft, Branch." Poppy held Shelly with one arm when she linked her other with his. "And you would win for being the most sarcastic."

"Hmm, fair point but not what I meant." Branch was only kidding though, he was just doing it to hide the fact that he was—

"When you're nervous, you move and touch your hands a lot. What's wrong?" Poppy asked while Shelly reached over to pat her dad to try and calm him down.

Branch looked down to his hands as he clutched them, he never really noticed but on that note.... "I'm worried about the music festival we're putting on. It's huge, bigger than anything we've ever celebrated before. Everyone is going to be here, if not they will be watching. Not to mention that all the troll Villages agreed that I should lead the event and even give a speech!" The more he thought about it the more anxious he became.

"Hey, sweetheart." Poppy sweetly called him when he blushed. "There is nothing to be worried about, you'll do great and even if you trip up or fumble your words a little, no one is going to care. They're here to celebrate the love of all music. So relax a little, we have your back." She softly spoke and tried to calm him down which seemed to be working, he wasn't fidgeting as much. "Also, you've already prepared a speech and have practiced it like a million times. I bet you already know all the words by heart. Just think of it like you're performing."

"Dad will do fantastamazing!" Shelly added.

Branch chuckled and smiled somewhat as he gave the two of them a hug. Once he let go he nodded. "I guess you're right and... I do know all the words by heart." She knew him so well.

"Crazy Prepared!" Shelly excitedly chimed.

Poppy laughed while agreeing.

Branch just groaned in embarrassment. "What am I going to do with you two?" He asked when they both hugged him tightly. He couldn't help but to smile happily as he hugged them back.

The three of them let go and went on to find something fun to do together for a while since there were a lot of activities happening around the village.

***

Sunny and Cross realized very quickly that hiding was a lost cause. It didn't matter where they were because someone found them each and every time. So they gave up on that aspect and kinda just wandered around a little through the village. They could blend in since there were a lot of different kinds of trolls visiting. Although, It was weird when they knew what they were here for.

"Hmm..." Sunny looked around, not really sure what they should— "Oh." He grabbed Cross's arm and dragged him along and over to a bracelet making lesson. He liked jewelry, not so much the cheap plastic stuff like they were making but he thought it was cute nonetheless. Plus he got to make his own which he thought was cool.

Cross on the other hand, "I hate this." He spoke in a whisper to Sunny but the other was enjoying himself to the fullest as he tried to make a bracelet but was failing. Eventually he gave up and the two of them were about to leave when another troll stopped them and held out two bracelets. One was colorful and the other had a darker tone.

Sunny smiled happily and thanked the troll as he took the bracelets and they walked off. He put the colorful one around his ankle while he played with the other, knowing his partner wouldn't wear or care for it. It was so stretchy, he could just—