1.4

Amaya and Annabeth stood leaning on either side of the door frame, the two of them had just witnessed Percy absolutely drench Clarisse and her little gang with toilet water. Amaya had a slightly proud look on her face whereas Annabeth just stood there glaring at the golden-haired boy in front of her.

"I can explain." He said looking between the two girls.

"No, you can't." Amaya responded giggling.

"Okay." Percy stated, he looked a little confused almost as if he hadn't had anything to do with what had just happened. "Wait, I know you." He decided while he narrowed his eyes at Annabeth trying to figure out where from.

"No, you don't." The girl responded arms crossed and a judgmental look on her face.

"Yeah, but you were there. That night at the infirmary, you were both there." His gaze turning to Amaya as she raised her eyebrows at him.

"Yes. I'm Annabeth."

"Are you guys stalking me?"

The two girls shared a glance.

"Yes." Amaya responded.

"Okay," Percy was taken aback by her abruptness. "Why?" He asked the girl.

"Well, I was waiting to see if something like this," She said waving her hand around the room "would happen. So, I'd know if you could help me." The daughter of Hades sent a soft smile towards the boy.

"Help you do what?"

"Win Capture the Flag." Annabeth finished.

🔱

Luke led Percy down a path next to the literal armies of campers practicing warrior poses and chants.

"Your gonna love this. Camp-wide mock warfare, all glory to the victors. Annabeth's the head counsellor of the Athena cabin. Her and Amaya normally work together." Percy's eyes flicked over to where Annabeth and Amaya stood, over watching some of the Athena kids having a one-on-one sword fight. "They've led our team to three straight wins. Been a long time since anyone's won a fourth."

"They were there in the bathroom, Amaya said she's been waiting for it to happen."

"They see the world differently, especially Annabeth. She's always six steps ahead of everyone else." Percy's eyes drifted back to the two girls; he caught Amaya's eye to which she sent him a small smile that he returned.

"You should cut them a break Percy. They've been through a lot."

"Whose side are you on, anyway?"

"Oh, theirs, always. They're like my little sisters." Percy gave Luke a weird look, seeing as he didn't know anything about their past.

Luke took a deep breath, "Maybe I should back up."

🔱

The two boys were sat at the stone tables conversing over lunch.

"Before camp I was on the road. Me and a forbidden kid I met along the way. Her name was Thalia." Luke smiled at the thought of the girl.

"And what does that mean, forbidden?" Percy questioned, his eyebrows furrowed and a curious look in his eye.

"A long time ago, Zeus, Poseidon and Hades agreed their children were becoming too powerful, so they made a pact not to father anymore. It held for a long time, until Zeus and eventually Hades broke that pact. Until Thalia and Amaya." Luke went silent for a moment reflecting on all his memories of the two girls, specifically Thalia. Percy thought that you would have to be blind to be able to see his sentimental feelings towards the daughter of Zeus.