Chapter Two: The First Encounter

꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂____________________________꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂

I will destroy her, burn her to ashes....

"Why?", you ask?

The reason is simple and obvious:

She took you away from me... and I hate to loose something...

specially, when someone took it from me!

꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂ ꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂

Once there, Atropos was overwhelmed by the sight before her. Gods from different Pantheons were gathered, celebrating and conversing. She walked into the banquet hall holding hands with Hades. After they entered the hall, they were greeted directly by a slightly drunk Zeus.

"There you are! Atropos, my darling... you look beautiful today! Like always! How about a dance?" he asked, winking. Atropos blushed slightly and was quite surprised and embarrassed at the same time about his behavior. "Um... I... I think I'm going to have to pass.... Sorry.", she replied and looked down.

Zeus didn't give up and pecked. "Why not? Come on... Just one little dance!" Atropos looked to Hades, seeking for help, who immediately understood and assisted his future wife.
"She's just going to dance with me tonight, Zeus. Maybe you should try to dance with Aphrodite, don't you think?" said Hades, grinning. Zeus looked slightly disappointed and turned around, pouting. Atropos sighed and hugged Hades.

"Thank you.... That was more than uncomfortable for me.... Is your brother always like that when he had a little too much to drink?" Hades laughed and hugged her tightly. "Don't worry about it. As long as I'm here, nothing will happen to you."

He kissed her on the forehead and stroked her cheek with his thumb. Atropos looked relieved and went to the buffet to get something to eat while Hades sat down at the table and ordered wine for them together.

꧁ ❃ ❃ ꧂

Atropos was visibly surprised by the buffet. There were various cheeses, pastries, small pies and other delicacies. She didn't know where to start. She decided to take herself and Hades pies and various cheeses when she suddenly noticed a young woman with brown curly hair next to her.

She is very pretty... I wonder who she is... I don't know her....
The young woman turned to Atropos and smiled. Atropos blushed and lowered her head down. She noticed the young woman's gaze fixed on her and didn't know what to say. She took the plate of cheese and small pies she had prepared and decided to go back to Hades when the young woman suddenly broke the silence.

"Hmph... you're not that pretty and you're very skinny too...." Atropos turned around confused and said, "Excuse me?" The young woman walked towards Atropos and rested her hand on Atropos' right shoulder. She approached Atropos' face and whispered, "I don't know who you think you are, but let me tell you...you don't deserve him. You're not good enough for him. You're going to regret taking him away from me."

Atropos stared at the young woman in shock. What did she want from her? And what did she even mean by taking him away from her? Atropos didn't understand what was going on, but as the young woman tried to reach for Atropos' neck, Hades was suddenly standing behind her, grabbing the young woman's hand and removing it from her neck. He took Atropos' arm and pulled her to him.

"What are you doing here?" asked Hades angrily, and in the next moment looked to Atropos to see if she was not hurt. The young woman laughed and replied, "There you are, my darling. I have missed you! You don't need to be so dismissive of me after all."

Atropos stared at Hades in confusion. What on earth was going on here? She had the feeling that she was in a wrong movie or something. Hades repeated his words again and strode towards the young woman.