CHAPTER 1: INDIRECT KISS

Meeting you was like listening to a song for the first time
and knowing it would be my favorite

≽^•⩊•^≼

⎯  Raindrops danced on the rooftops, thunder growled in the distance, and gusts of wind played tag with leaves – a stormy symphony, under the partially visible Selenic's light in the evening.

As the aura raged on, the wind grew increasingly violent, crushing through the street with a ferocity that made everything in its path tremble. Rain hammered against the windowpanes of the cozy cafe, their rhythm punctuated by the occasional crash of thunder. You huddled by the window, watched in awe as the storm unleashed its fury, the chaotic ballet of wind and rain creating a mesmerizing distinction to the warm and inviting atmosphere inside.

"Huh!" Someone exclaimed from your back. Though it was a stormy and dark evening the insides were dimly lit in the cafe, Soft, warm lights hanging like golden orbs, casting a gentle glow, and you stood there at the cashier's place, your usual place to be.

The cafe was a small one, enough to reside five to six coffee table, lining two rows, and an entrance at right which directly paved the path to the cashier's table. Besides you lied about the creamy and delicious desserts under the showcase to attract customers and nevertheless attract you.

It was Nobara who exclaimed from behind pouting and giving a scrawled face.
"We should have trusted the weather forecast and left earlier" She announced as she helped Maki in putting the cake in place.

"But it's good you know? We won't be expecting customers! That means we can enjoy and eat among ourselves" Maki spoke out placing the cake and stirring to apply the cream over.

It was Nobara's family cafe which she inherited when very young because of the poor health of her mother. It was kinda hard for her to keep on with her college as well as her work.

You, Maki, and Nobara have been friends ever since you guys were kids, attending the same school as well as college. As soon as you all got to know about Nobara's struggle, you and Maki determined to help her out and return Nobara's also used to pay you guys a decent salary.

A decent salary to work and have fun together, not to forget with Maki's cooking talent that customers soon increased and you guys were able to earn a lot of money, enough to help Nobara's mother.

"You are right" Nobara uttered as she went to wash off her hands "Come over to my room, we'll have some fun together, of course with the dessert"
The cafe was attached to Nobara's house henceforth the interior design was made to travel between the two buildings.

"Then what about the cafe?" A soft and calm voice soothed their brain and it was of course you were always concerned about the tiniest things.

Maki, who was beside you, pinched your velvety cheeks out of curiosity.
"Of course, we will close the cafe soon today"

"Exactly and we have this new movie launching on Netflix today at 7 pm so why not enjoy it?" Nobara declared while showing the poster of the movie on her phone.

"Perfect" Maki's hand which was earlier resting on your cheeks clasped together with her other palm exhibiting her aggrement.

"But it's still two hours, you know?" You shrugged.

"We can play Uno by then" Nobara shifted her weight to the other side yet unfortunately the cone cream spilled all over her dress, making you and Maki laugh the life out.

"Pfft"

"Hey! Stop it! It's not that funny!" Nobara pouted again.

"It is" You wiped off the newly formed tears over your cheeks as you looked at Nobara's completely soaked in the cream.