CHAPTER 3: CHEEK KISS

Love is the prize that makes every journey worthwhile, and winning is simply being together

≽^•⩊•^≼

— For two weeks, the routine of Satoru Gojo has been very simple— Finish his work and once free visit or cafe, only to keep you beside him and even eat your delicious pastries and beverages.

However, today was different. Maki and Megumi have already been fed up with the fact that Satoru comes every day to decrease the distance between them while they can't do anything but sit back and watch. While Nobara and Itadori fully supported and encouraged you to meet him. Yet today, Maki seemed a little dominant and she had already decided to keep you away from that guy, in order to protect you.

The evening was delicately balanced, wrapped in a quilt of gray clouds that seemed suspended in time. You were waiting for the rain to release, and the soothing hues of a gentle downpour could smudge the terrain. With the promise of a whispered symphony, where the first raindrop will be the beginning of a serenade of composure.

"So the monsoon season is finally here, huh?" Your faint mutter was interrupted by a new customer over your desk, who has been observing you for quite a while now without letting you notice, thanks to his quietude.

"A hot chocolate, if I don't interrupt you miss" A guy with black hair asked while you were at the cashier's diligently writing the order, handing him over the changes he was supposed to get. Though he didn't move.

"You are too cute, you know," He said with a smirking appearance, not long it became a disturbed one.
Satoru has already arrived in the cafe and seeing a guy trying his way with you, made him feel irritated he immediately approached the cashier counter, only to jerk him a little.
"Now, you should make space for others too," He said with his newly filled jealousy of someone else trying to approach you.

"Ah," His narrowed eyes soon revolved around you, changing into a soft delicate smile.
"My darling, Y/n, it will be the same usual order"

Well over the expanse period, he has been calling you a lot of names— sweetheart, dear kiddo— so him calling you 'Darling' right now wasn't a hassle to you.

Seeing the intimate relationship between the two guys, he gave up on you and left the counter.

"So how you have been?" Satoru gave you his usual smug grin face and then leaned closer to whisper something important.
"Don't let other guys be close to you, you know? They are trying to win you over but they don't deserve you" His bizarre words gave you a little chills yet you felt comfortable with his words.
"If any guy dares to be bold enough to bother you? Tell me. And I will help to get rid of that guy"

You bite your lips under his words and completely try to shove off the conversation.
"The order will be ready, please go back to your table"

Satoru smiled a little at you and moved back to his usual spot.

"Geez, he is back today too! Is even jelly over other guys approaching you? How romantic!" None other than Nobara exclaimed from behind, fascinated and influenced by the romance books.

"How Creepy!" Maki tried to correct her.

"You are no fun Maki" Novara shrugged at her words.

"No, I am not" Maki had a cold face today, as if something happened to her. You got a bit worried and asked her if she was alright or not and she replied that she wasn't and that to make her feel good, avoid any contact with that guy.

"Alright if that's what you want" You smiled at her giving her reassurance that you would bid by her words.

"Then bring his order, and I will serve him so that he doesn't get a chance to lay his eyes on you, and whenever he comes to our cafe, switch the cashier counter with me or Nobara"