Datin' Some Randos Off the Internet

Shortly after breaking up with my college boyfriend, Jaguar, I downloaded a dating app. Hinge to be specific. I was so ready to meet other people and see who else was in the dating pool.

There are two funny things about the demographic of people I match with.

First, I'd say only about 15-20% are white and the rest are a mix of everyone else, even though I swipe on every kind of person. I always thought it was funny that I am not the stereotypical white man's type. Thank God.

The other thing is that I attract short kings. I guess because I'm 5'4 (160 cm)? I've literally only ever gone on a date with two guys over 5'7.

So, that's how I ended up going on dates with two Korean guys.

I freaking hate to say that because of the Koreaboos and the people that like to point accusatory fingers at any little thing they consider to be potentially Koreaboo-esque.

And also because people like to say, "Your ex was Asian! OMG, is tHaT yOuR tyyyyYYYpE?"

Stfu. No.

My type is not racially based.

Anyway, I matched and chatted with a bunch of people, but only had these two guys end up taking me out on a date.

I met Elephant first.

He was a 27 year old guy that came to America for his bachelor's degree, then got a job at a company in the States afterwards.

We decided to meet at a café that was in between us. I had never been to that area of that city before, and it was quite interesting. Unbeknownst to me, it was in the middle of an Arab community (that will come up again later). The café was real cute and situated in an old shopping plaza. On its right was a mosque and on its left was an Arab grocery store. (Idk if that's the right term. Don't come at me if it isn't. Leave a comment and kindly lmk lol.)

I arrived first and ordered a milk tea. A Rooibos Chai Latte to be specific. AND THAT WAS THE BEST MILK TEA I HAVE EVER HAD, GORL. I don't know what kind of crack they put in it.

Anyway, Elephant was a bit late, but texted me to let me know.

When he arrived, he ordered a drink and we sat down to talk. He looked like his pictures, except maybe the pictures were a year or two old. Probably from when he was in college. He seemed to be a tiny bit chubbier in person.

We were both so nervous to meet each other. Also, this was only my second time meeting someone as a romantic interest.

He actually told me his nervousness is what made him about 15 minutes late. When he gets super nervous, his stomach gets super upset and  . . . yeah. It was a bit awkward that he opened up to me about his need to take a massive shit before meeting me.

Our conversation flowed nicely after that though, and he really flattered me at one point. I had taken my glasses off at one point to clean them with my shirt, and I caught him hardcore staring.

"What?" I asked.

"You're just so beautiful."

I had never had anyone just say that to me so randomly, and in such a breath-taken way where you could tell they honestly meant it.

We were in the café for almost two hours just chatting about everything. He was quite pleasant to talk to.

I can't remember how we got to it, but we were talking about past relationships, I think, and asking each other questions. He asked me if I wanted to know anymore details about his dating history or had questions.