S1~06: Suicide or Murder?

~ Kyoto - Hoshiko Hospital - V.I.P Floor - Room 2000 || Morning ~

That morning, Artemis had just awakened from her slumber, but remained laid down on her bed. Her eyes were glued to the ceiling just across from her, but not due to the large interest in that particular spot.

She was in a complete daze, thinking back at the vision she had a while back, that seemed to vivid to make out. Flashes of them appeared in front of her, and the more she tried to make out the details, blood splatters would erupt and tainted it all until she could see nothing but red.

"..." Her brows knitted together in thought, trying to remember each scene once again, but all there was, was an inaudible blur.

Her legs momentarily raised in exasperation, like a sign being released before falling right back onto the mattress. Artemis had no plans to get up just yet, because of the drowsiness that still lingered, but when her rubies looked at the counter above her bed frame, her body moved in wonder.

What made her move was her AmuSphere.

The AmuSphere is a headset, that's consisted of two metal overlapping rings with the cover of a red tinted glass. These rings can be positioned into an X-like formation, allowing the headset to be secured to the player's head. The back of the rings have the words, 'Amu', and, 'Sphere', engraved on both of them respectively.

The AmuSphere is a FullDive headset that allows the technology of the FullDive

The system has been modified to make it safer than its predecessors by changing the microwave transmitter to a low-frequency one and the incorporation of various sensors that continually monitor blood pressure and brain waves.(Citation needed). If the person's condition becomes abnormal, a safety logout is provoked. This, by default, includes an option that automatically logs out a person if the Avatar begins to fall asleep. Unlike the other AmuSphere on the market, Artemis' is equipped with an internal battery.

In addition to other safety measures, the AmuSphere does not block out signals from the body to the extent of its predecessors. Some players may rent a specialised room which blocks all external interference, designed to make the experience inside the virtual world all the more realistic.

Artemis reached out and grabbed the headset, holding the rings with both hands. Her ruby orbs stared at the object as she reminisced to why she created a Virtual Reality of her own.

Simple;

She wanted to see what Virtual Reality is like.

She wondered when she first thought that?

It's been so long since Artemis longed for something. Maybe it was when she was training at Chuohku's training facilities. Maybe it was when she was introduced to the Amemura Clones. Maybe it was when she was introduced to the harsh reality of the world. Or perhaps...