Chapter eleven: getting the Wishes, part 1

Astra and Valentino had turned the chicken room into a musical eggstravaganza! Thanks to Astra's magic, the chickens weren't squawking—they were singing, "It's a small world after all, It's a small world after all, It's a small world after all." and dancing! They lined up in choreographed rows, flapping their wings and kicking in unison.

Valentino conducted them as if they were a choir, using a piece of hay as a baton. "That's it ladies." Said the goat. "Your wings can't fly, but your voices can!"

When Asha's friends saw the talking goat singing chickens, their jaws dropped. "Wow," uttered Dario.

The dancing chickens circled around Asha and her bewildered friends. But where was Astra? Asha searched the room.

"Amazing, one stick to command them all!" Said Valentino. "Okay, big finish!"

The chickens ended their performance in a feathery flurry of energy, then Astra, in his rooster form, burst through the circle of chickens.

At the sight of the glowing rooster, Bianca and the teens gasped as he transformed back into its normal form.

When Safi's gasp turned into the start of a sneeze, everyone held a finger under his nose to stop it.

"Astra, there are my friends." Asha said to Astra.

Astra studied each teen's face, except for Gabo, who ducked and hid.

"Hi." Astra said.

"Hi" everyone said.

When Astra hovered in front of Dahlia, her face lit up. "Wow, my whole understanding of the natural world is completely turned upside down." Said Dahlia. "And yet I'm fine with it."

"I know right." Astra said as he plucked the glasses off her and tried them on, but Astra couldn't see a thing!

"Yes, but what are you?" Dahlia said.

"Oh! That's easy, I'm a star." Astra said.

"Oh! Okay, well, it's nice to meet you." Dahlia said.

"So nice to meet you too, um!" Astra gives Dahlia a handshake.

"Dahlia." she said.

"Dahlia." Astra said. "And who are you guys?"

"I'm Hal," she said, grinned.

"Hal." Astra said as he hugged her.

"I've never felt so happy in all my life." Hal said, breathless. "And that's saying something."

Astra went to Bazeema next, "I'm Bazeema." She said, shyly and giggled, then ducked behind Hal and Bianca.

"I'm Princess Bianca." She said,

"Hi, Princess." Astra said as he boop her nose.

Then it was Safi's turn. "Safi." He said. "Achoo!" Instantly, Astra got out a handkerchief for Safi.

Safi wiped his nose. "Much better than my sleeve," he said. "Thanks."

"You're welcome." Astra said.

Astra hovered near Dario next. "And you," he said. But Dario was holding a trying to figure out where the eggs came from. He didn't notice the glowing boy until he tapped the chicken.

"Oh, hey." Said Dario. "Thanks."

"Sure." Astra said. "What is your name?"

"Oh! Dario." Dario said.

Next, Astra zoomed towards Simon, hovering in front of the sleepy teen, Astra's expression changed from confusion to concern. "How did you get so bad?"