Woosang : "Bite Down On This" 1

febuwhump day 3

warning: blood

-------

Yeosang hated the dark. There could be anything lurking in the shadows, about to pounce on him at any moment. It wasn't something that he'd ever admit to the others - they might make fun of him - so he struggled by himself. Also bugs. He hated bugs. Just looking at them freaked him out.

It really wasn't such a big deal. It just meant that he would rush into his bed as fast as possible after turning out the lights. Sometimes, it meant sleeping with a nightlight. And at other times, it meant going to great lengths to avoid being in the dark by himself.

Like not sleeping at all.

But if he was asked for help, and that involved being in the dark, he was willing to try and face his fear.

-------

Wooyoung looked worried about something. His normally cheerful face was clouded over with something.

Yeosang tried to ask him before the regular practices started.

"What's wrong?"

Wooyoung shrugged. He glanced around, checking to see if anyone was listening, then lowered his voice.

"I, kind of, promised everybody that I had the props for the dance, but I kind of don't know where they are."

"What?"

"You heard me." Wooyoung nodded. Though the situation was funny, he looked deadly serious. "I need to find them by tomorrow."

"Do you have any idea where to look?"

"They might be up in that little room down in the basement, you know? We used to use that as a storage room. Maybe it's there. Though, that place does kind of stink, and I'm really sensitive to strong smells. If I had someone to come with me, it wouldn't be so bad."

Yeosang held his breath. He knew what was coming.

"Would you mind coming with me?"

Yeosang really didn't want to. The lights down there were dim. They would flicker oddly, and sometimes the bulbs would go completely out. The wiring was patchy. But Wooyoung being down there by himself was a dangerous idea.

"... alright," he finally said.

A small smile finally graced Wooyoung's face.

"Have I ever told you that you're my best friend?" he asked. "I just... if you didn't agree, I would've tried to ask someone else, but I was scared they would just judge me."

"Oh, I am judging you. I'm just choosing not to say anything."

Wooyoung's face fell. "Fine, suit yourself, I guess."

"I'm literally helping you out though!"

"Right, right." Wooyoung magically perked up again. "Thank you."

-------

"When are you planning on doing it?" Yeosang asked.

"How about after practice?" Wooyoung asked.

They ended practice at eight. It was going to be dark downstairs. Yeosang gulped. This was a bad idea. He was going to be all nervous and jittery, and Wooyoung was going to have to see all of it.

"What do you think?" Wooyoung continued, completely unaware of Yeosang's dilemma.

"Isn't it going to be dark?"

"There are lights down there, dummy."

"Well, yeah... but-"

Wooyoung glanced at him intently. "What is it?"