The book

Kara's POV

Today is the first day of high school and I can't wait to see what it's like! I've only heard stories of what it woupr.be like from my sister, Alex. But nothing is better than experiencing things yourself! I speed into the 4th outfit I had. None of it felt right. I sighed, and grabbed a long-sleeved, blue button up and put on some green pants. To top it off, she slid on her dress shoes and out on a belt. She looked in the mirror, and ruffled her hair. She frowned when it didn't look right. She then groaned in fustration, causing her heat vision to shoot at the few strands of hair in her hands. She gasped and covered her mouth as she looked at her hands.

She looked at the mirror and gasped again, but this time at how she looked. The front was shorter and Kara groaned, how was she to explain this to Eliza? Kara quickly put her hair in a ponytail. She went downstairs, her heart pounding in her chest, she felt as if she was going to explode. But obviously, and for obvious reasons, she didn't. She grabbed her bag and slinged it over her head. She poured some coffee into her thermos and smiled at Eliza.

"Morning, 'Liza"," Kara spoke as she avoiding Eliza's gaze, "Kara, dear. What happened to your hair?" Eliza asked tilting her head. Kara winced at both  "I burned it with my heat vision on accident," she whispered and heard Eliza sigh. It was that 'I'm not mad, I'm disappointed' Sigh. She just grabbed her keys off the table, along with the thermos she sat down earlier, and left.

Kara arrived at Midvale pretty quickly, considering she was using a bit of her super speed. As she approached the school, she walked to the wall that had all the freshmen

Kara walked to the wall on her left and looked for her name. She saw it and headed to her class. She sighed, and walked to her class after x-raying the whole school for that specific class. She sat down in the backrow. I checked my watch and looked at the time, it was 7:23 and school started at 8. I groaned and went on my phone, quickly opening youtube. I watched all of Clark's games on repeat for the next 32 minutes. I heard the bell ring, which almost caused me to jump. Just then, a bunch of students walked in and took a seat. Only one of them sat down next to me. I looked up at the person, and smiled.

They returned the smile, "Hi! I'm Winslow, but you can call me Winn! I'm a freshman, I'm 14, and I like robots and watching star wars!" Winn introduced. I chuckled at him, "Nice to meet you, Winn! I'm Ka-" I start but stop myself. That name feels so weird, "Hey, let me guess, you, my new friend, are struggling with your identity?" He attempted and I groaned, "How did you know?" I asked, "I was too, for a while..." He stated looking down, "Oh?" I ask tilting my head, "Yeah, uh, I'm Transgender... Female to Male..." He said and I put my hand on his hand, "That's alright with me, Winn." I said as I squeezed his hand a bit. He smiled at me and the teacher walked in.

I removed my hand from his and turned to the teacher. She was pretty, "Hello, class. I'm Ms. Grant. I'll be your English teacher this year." Said Ms. Grant, "We'll be reading a story called 'I am not your perfect Mexican daughter,'" she added and the class groaned. What does this class have against a good book?

After an hour and 30 minutes, it was 9:30, and the bell rang. I walked out of class and pulled up aspen, which I leanred from Winn, held our schedules. I walked to my next class, which was chemistry/biology. I walked in the class just 2 minutes before the bell ring. I sat down in the seat, and pulled out my sketchbook. I began sketching the house of El symbol before drawing my New friend, Winn. I smiled as I shaded his eyes in.

I closed the book and sat in silence as the bell rang again, and the teacher, followed by some students walked in.

"Yo! Wassup guys! I'm Professor Sawyer! I'm your biology/chemistry teacher! I'm hella fun, and I'm not that strict. But, if you don't pay attention you fail. As long, as you get your work done, I don't really care what you do," She shrugfed as she weote some things on the boards. I put my head down and closed my eyes.