Chapter 3 : Confession

Moriarty Residence in Durham.

Louis, the youngest of the Moriarty siblings, was preparing tea, his mind elsewhere. Indeed, the youngest had been very worried about William lately. He found him more depressed than usual. Even though his big brother wore a superficial smile most of the time, these days he wasn't smiling at all.
Louis was thinking, why such a change in behavior in such a short time? Could it be the Moriarty plan that was bothering him so much? The blond was pulled out of his thoughts by the shrill sound of the pressurized teapot, filled with steam. He then prepared three cups of tea, silently, and headed towards the small living room where William and Albert were.

The three brothers were used to meeting together at least once a week around a table to chat and enjoy some family time. Even though Albert was very busy with his position as the eldest of the family, he was always there, whatever the cost. The older man had just as much noticed William's weak condition lately. In addition to looking completely depressed, the person in question was only eating a small amount, clearly not enough for the body of a young adult man.

Louis distributed a cup of tea to each of his brothers, the three seated around a small coffee table.

-Thank you Louis.
-William, are you sure everything is okay? You've been looking really pale lately.
-Yes everything is fine, thank you for worrying.

Obviously that wasn't going well. Since the confrontation with Holmes at university, William had felt like an empty shell, a lifeless body. The images of Sherlock leaving the room with glistening eyes had torn his heart like a well-placed dagger.

Sherlock had cried? For him ?

Or... because of him...

These memories played over and over in his mind. The count had discreetly hidden behind a cupboard in the corridor, understanding that the detective was ready to leave after venting his rage against the classroom furniture. He wanted so badly to catch up with him, to tell him that he didn't think anything of it, that he was just afraid of the consequences of it all. But he didn't do anything about it. William let Sherlock go, silently, and his world seemed to crumble beneath his feet.

William looked down, feeling emotions that he hated coming to the surface, he clenched his fists, trying to control himself as much as possible, but the inquisitive gaze of his two brothers on him did not help him at all. He bit his lower lip, but it was too late. Hot tears began to flow down her pale cheeks, in a muffled moan.

Albert gave Louis a worried look, as if begging for help, and the youngest instinctively put down his cup and crouched in front of his brother, placing a hand on his wet cheek as if to reassure him.

-Now tell us what's going on William. You can't keep this buried deep inside you.

Albert swallowed, feeling an unpleasant twist in his stomach. He had never seen William cry until now, and the sight truly hurt his heart. He stood up and crouched down beside Louis, smiling at his younger brother, one hand resting on William's lap.

- You can tell us everything William. We are here to listen to you. No matter what happened.

William smiled sincerely at his two brothers despite the tears that continued to flow, telling himself that he was truly lucky to have them in his life. He dried his cries with the back of his sleeve, trying to calm down a little before opening his mouth.

The two brothers invited William to sit in a small armchair, a little further away in the living room, and Louis and Albert sat on the sofa facing him. The three brothers were now face to face. Albert smiled at William, that comforting smile of which only he had the secret.