Chapter 4 : 221b Baker Street

William, walking through the streets of London, his cane in his hand, attracting curious eyes on him. Indeed, the nobleman was dressed very elegantly on this early October afternoon. Certainly, the population was used to seeing people of good families walking around town, but William had particularly dressed up to his best that day. The blond wore a light overcoat, very well made, decorated with dark fur on the neck and wrists. Golden buttons, bearing the crest of his family, closed this perfectly tailored coat. It was starting to get cold in London, an overcoat was required. Despite the simplicity of his black top hat, one could notice at first glance its quality. His perfectly polished shoes shined as he walked.

Voices murmured behind him, two young girls from good families, having recognized Count Moriarty at first glance when he got out of his cab, which also bore the coat of arms of his family on its front. William turned around, intrigued by these murmurs, and smiled at them gently, lifting his top hat with one hand to greet them then continued on his way silently. The two young women then took the liberty of accosting him, positioning themselves in front of him.

- Oh Mr. William! What a joy to meet you in London, especially so well dressed!
-Oh. THANKS. I have to visit a friend. With that, if you will excuse me.

William greeted them politely, resuming his journey, leaving the two young ladies rather disappointed at not having been able to enjoy the count a little longer. William then said to himself that perhaps he had done a little too much, he felt the eyes on him, from certain nobles who knew him by name, but also from the poor people of the neighborhoods who stared at him like a piece of meat to be plundered. William approached a mandiant on the side, the only one who hadn't given him a bad look so to speak, and handed him some gold coins.

-Here's to you, take care of yourself.
-Thank you Count Moriarty. You are an angel fallen into heaven.
-Let's not exaggerate... Go buy yourself something to eat .

This world really needed to be changed, which reassured him in the truth of his plan, this plan which was slowly destroying it day after day. The blond stopped in front of a large door in the center of London. He had finally arrived at his destination.

221B Baker Street.

He took a deep breath and knocked on the door, feeling his heart speed up. He swallowed when he heard the door open slowly, but he was not met with the person he wanted, much to his dismay.

- Miss Hudson, hello.
-Oh ! Count Moriarty! What a pleasure ! What is this sudden visit worth to us?
-I would like... to see Mr Holmes.
-Of course ! Come in !
-Thank you, sorry for the inconvenience.

The young earl took off his top hat as a courtesy, then entered the small entrance hall, waiting quietly while Miss Hudson went upstairs to tell Sherlock of her arrival. The young woman was particularly surprised to see William so elegantly dressed, did they both have an important meeting? Miss Hudson knocked on the door, and entered after receiving John's approval.

- Sherlock, Count William James Moriarty would like to see you, he is waiting downstairs.

The two acolytes were in the middle of a scientific experiment, glasses on their noses and chemist's jackets on their backs, strange colored smoke now floating up to the ceiling. John turned to Sherlock, taken aback. What could Count Moriarty want from him so suddenly?

- In addition, he is very elegantly dressed, really attractive! Would you have a meeting with him regarding a Sherlock investigation?

Sherlock swallows, removing his jacket stained with more or less harmful products. He ignored Miss Hudson's questions, deep in thought. Was William really there to see him after everything that had happened? John gave Miss Hudson a worried look, disturbed by Sherlock's silence. Usually the detective was the type who was very excited to see William, but this seemed to be quite the opposite. Sherlock removed his glasses, shaking his messy ebony hair with one hand, as if to help him think. The detective had left his hair down that day, not finding the courage to make any effort recently.