Chapter 6 : The Dinner

-Wow...

John couldn't believe it, he was staring at Sherlock, standing in front of him, his eyes wide. He had never seen his friend so well dressed since they had known each other, he who was usually so nonchalant. Indeed, the two acolytes had gone shopping the day before for Sherlock's future date at the James Moriarty mansion. Sherlock took the "proper attire required" request too seriously and decided to finally redo his wardrobe into a presentable outfit. And the big day finally arrived, Sherlock stood in front of the mirror, dressed, facing John's amazed gaze.

The detective had his hair pulled back neatly, tied into a small, low ponytail with a pretty black ribbon. Despite this impeccable hairstyle, two small stubborn strands still framed her face. He wore a perfectly tailored bluish-black suit, showing off his muscles perfectly, especially his broad shoulders. Sherlock adjusted his tie in front of the mirror, a tie that he now knew how to tie perfectly, thanks to John's invaluable advice. A delicate red buttonhole enhanced this pretty evening outfit, adding a little color to this dark suit. The detective finalized the outfit with a black top hat, very elegant.

-T... You are perfect Sherlock!
-Raah... I'm not really comfortable, anyway.

Sherlock felt cramped in this outfit, especially the tie. He took a deep breath, turning to his friend as if to implicitly ask again if everything was perfect. He was now ready to leave. The meeting was in an hour and he had about a twenty minute ride by cab to the manor. He was on time, and there was no question of arriving late for this appointment! Sherlock put on a gray overcoat, quite sober, just to combat the cold outside at this time of year.

- I'm ready .

John approached Sherlock, smiling, and handed him a magnificent bouquet of red roses, then adjusted the detective's tie one last time.

- Don't forget that. Relax, it's going to be fine.

Sherlock thanked the doctor and left the apartment silently, getting into a cab that he had previously arranged for for the occasion. The detective's heart sped up, realizing that he would soon arrive at the Moriarty house, in ten minutes now. The detective glanced at his watch every minute, time seeming terribly long. Given the time, he would be early, should he show up or wait quietly for the indicated time? According to William, they would be alone, so the detective could show up early without any worries. Sherlock was pulled from his thoughts by the sudden stop of the cab, just in front of William's mansion. The detective paid his driver and hesitated for a few more seconds before finally crossing the enormous gate which was already wide open. William was far-sighted and made sure that Sherlock did not stay outside.

After a few steps through the sublime garden of the manor, perfectly maintained by Fred, Sherlock climbed the small marble steps to face the main entrance of the manor. He swallowed and, having gathered his courage in both hands, he knocked on the door, but felt strangely uncomfortable, tightening his grip on his bouquet of roses. He felt he was being watched, and the aura that seemed to be watching him didn't only wish him good, judging by the long shiver that ran through his body from top to bottom.

The door opened slowly, making room for the young math teacher, her Liam . The detective's pupils dilated at the magnificent sight. William had his hair pulled back, clearing his forehead. He wore a superb, very elegant black evening outfit, the jacket of which ended in a tailcoat at the back, which highlighted the professor's thin waist. William smiled at Sherlock and invited him inside, his cheeks already pink. The count appreciated the fact that Sherlock had really made an effort for this dinner, it must be admitted that he was particularly elegant that evening. The detective wore the top hat particularly well.

- You look really elegant this evening Mr. Holmes. This outfit must have cost you a fortune, you shouldn't have.
-I wanted to honor you this evening Liam. What do you think, I know how to wear ties!
-What a nasty lie Mr Holmes!