The Banana

I smile when I go to bed, and I'm still smiling when I wake the next morning. Every time I think about Liam a certain happiness bubbles up inside me.

I perkily get ready, picking out a super girlie pink sundress. I hum as I do my makeup light and fun. I then walk downstairs to see if I can find some food. I then remember the map Liam gave me and go back. It's weird living in a place where you could get lost.

After about 10 minutes, I finally find the dining room. I push open the double doors to the side, revealing a state-of-the-art custom kitchen as big as my whole apartment back in NY.

"Ciao!" A fat Italian man comes out of nowhere and kisses me on both cheeks. His brown hair is curly and bounces with each step he takes. The man is wearing a white apron that looks well used. He then introduces himself as Tony, Liam's chef, and enthusiastically shows me around the kitchen. Oddly enough I don't see any food.

Then we come upon a door which Tony opens to reveal a huge pantry stocked with food. There is literally everything you would consider edible in there. I grab my breakfast, a banana, and thank Tony for his kindness and the tour.

I walk down a few hallways trying to find the garden and then remember I forgot the map in the kitchen. I try to find my way back but get lost. Every time I think I'm getting close to knowing where I am again, I turn a corner and realize I am even more lost than before.

My stomach rumbles as I look at the banana and I decide that it's not worth the wait. There's a tiny window at the end of the hallway so I make my way over there. I pull back the curtains to reveal the gardens below me.

Behind me I suddenly hear a familiar voice say, "Mind if I have a bite?"

My head snaps around to see Harry lying down on a couch staring up at me. I walk in the room but he doesn't move, he just stares at me like he knows something I don't. I give him the banana and he takes a huge bite. Then we both start laughing.

"Well that was an odd greeting." I say.

"What were you expecting, a hello?"

"Actually, yeah."

"Well dear, I'm not predictable like that." He sits up. "What are you doing way over on this side of the house?"

My face turns red. "I kind of got lost. What are you doing here?"

He pats the seat beside him for me to sit down. "I'm always at Liam's place. I feel lonely in my huge house by myself. When I'm there it just... reminds me of things." He keeps a face clear of emotion but his words are full of it. Before I can ask him what he means, he goes on. "So April, where are you trying to get to?"

"Well, I was trying to get to the garden."

"My favorite place in the house. Alright, I'll take you there, on one condition."

"Well you already ate my breakfast. What else could you take?" I laugh.

"Time. I'm afraid I can't return it to you but I don't want you to be in the garden alone."

Oh my gosh, no wonder he's called the flirt. I'm glad to have a friend in the garden with me, I don't like to be alone either.

"Okay, but I'm not happy about it. You're lucky I'm nice." I tease with a smile.

We leave the room and go through many twists and turns and staircases and corridors until we find a tiny door leading out back. The garden is medium sized filled with trees covering up much of the London sun, although there are patches of it here and there. The grass is soft and everything is misted with the morning dew; flowers grow all about. There is a bench under the largest Wisteria tree, covered with vines. Me and Harry sit there. At first it is just quiet, nothing but the sound of the breeze in the trees and the soft chirping of songbirds.