Ch 3

Ise Pov

The sky is already dark, and it's already time for the street lamps to be on.

The three of us, Kiba, Koneko-chan, and I, are examining the Church from a place where we can see it.

There is no one entering or exiting the Church.

But the closer we got to the Church, the stronger I started to have a bad feeling. I'm sweating from all over my body.

When I ask Kiba, he says that, "From this presence, it's certain that there is a Fallen Angel inside".

So the enemy's boss is inside.

"Here, look at this map."

Kiba spread out the map of the building on the road.

The map of the Church. Where did he get if from...?

"Well, it's basic when you are going into the enemy's territory."

The good looking guy makes a smile.

Wow, what swift support. I didn't even think about it and was trying to get in head on.

I realised how naive I am once again.

"Besides the sanctuary, there is also a dormitory. The sanctuary looks suspicious."

Kiba points at the sanctuary.

"So we can ignore the dormitory then?"

"Most likely. Most "Stray Exorcist" groups usually make some alteration to the sanctuary. They usually perform suspicious rituals under the sanctuary."

"Why?"

I told him my doubt. Kiba makes a bitter smile.

"It's the place they used to respect as a holy place, and by doing something that rejects God there, it makes them satisfied because it's an insult to God. Because they loved God, because they were rejected by God, they purposely cast evil spells under the sanctuary as a representation for their hatred."

They are insane. No, even the God who cast away his faithful believers is at fault.

Right now I hate God because of the incident with Asia. That's why I think that way.

"The sanctuary is located right behind the entrance. I think we can go straight in. The problem is to find the door to the basement once we get in the sanctuary, and also if we can defeat the assassins waiting for us."

Assassins...

When I heard that word, I start to have a bad premonition.

We look at each other in front of the Church while the moonlight lit our face, and then we nod to each other.

We are set!

Just as we were about to move a familiar voice interrupted us.

"Ah,Issei,Kiba,Koneko I am glad i met you."Buchou said in a worried tone.

"Buchou,What's wrong and why do you look so worried."

"You should stop here."Buchou replied.

"What!!!Why?"

"On our way here we saw something terrible,we saw three fallen angels torn apart,it was as if they encountered a beast which killed them before they could even react."Buchou said with a serious face.I haven't seen her like this till now.Even Akeno-san looks a bit scared.

BAANNGG

Just as Buchou was about to say something a large crashing sound interrupted us.

As all of us looked towards the source of sound.We saw a figure with cuts and burn all over their body.... RAYNARE.

What happened to her?Did someone do this?Looking carefully she looks terrified..?

"Why did you do this?What did we ever do to you?"Raynare scream looking towards the now shattered entrance.

Just the we saw a figure come out holding someone in their hand.

As the figure became more clear I recognized who he was,I saw SHO holding Asia in his arm.

As I was about to run forward, Buchou held my arm and stopped me.

"Tell me why did you do this?"

"Humor me,Do you care how may ants you squash?"Sho replied with an insane smile on his face.

Pov end

"Does the audience need some popcorn to enjoy the show?"

After hearing Sho's voice filled with sarcasm the devil had no choice but to confront him.Sho was not surprised to see the ORC .

Devil's watched him closely,their body tensed despite not sensing any hostile intention.

"I-Is she alright?"Issei asked looking at Asia.

"That she is ,you don't have to worry about her.She is just taking a much needed nap."Sho said as he looked at sleeping Asia in his arms.Hearing that Issei just breathes a sigh of relief knowing Asia is all right.

Issei looked toward the perpetrator of this whole situation,to find Raynare flying away.

"She is running away.!!"Issei screams looking at Sho to do something.

"Let her live a few seconds of peace and relief."Sho says with a smirk.

"What do you mea-"Just as Rias was about to say something everyone heard a familiar scream.All of the recognized who it was,it was Raynare.

As everyone looked towards source of the scream,what they saw terrified all of them,they saw a skull made out of purple flames chewing on Raynare.

"HELLPP!!!!!HEL.."Raynare's scream died down as the flaming skull slowly disappeared.

As the scream died down,everyone looked towards the one responsible for it,to find him leaving with asleep Asia.

"Wait,where are you taking Asia?"Issei scream's as he steps forward.

"A place where she will be safe."

"Wait I have questio-"Just as Rias was about to demand some answers,Sho teleported away.