Chapter 5 The Red Dwarf Who We Saved

Hey, so I couldn't find a song that fits well with his chapter, so I thought about it, and I realized that Peter and Verity were exalting themselves, not God. Then, I decided to pick a song praising God for who he is. That's what Peter and Verity should have been doing. Enjoy!!!

"Maybe it's best to go to Beruna,"
Peter says.
"But what if no one's there," I protest, "I think we should go to Lantern Waste."
Peter glares at me, "I'm the High King."
"So that makes us your subjects," I scoff, "Look if you don't listen to my advice."
"I do listen to your advice, but if you overstep your boundaries, then It's best not to listen to you; you're only..." he retorts but stops.
"What," I across my arms, giving him my cold, stubborn stare.
"Never mind," he replied.
My brother never acted like that around me, but neither did I around him. I ignored this situation.
"Aren't those soldiers!" Cried Edmund, we turn around to the sea. Two soldiers are rowing a boat; they stop and stand up carrying a dwarf, who is gagged and his hands tied behind his back.
"They're going to drown him!" I cry.
Susan and Ruth get their bows and arrows ready, "Drop him!" They yell.
I can hear the dwarf mumble something, as Edmund, Peter, and I unsheathe our swords.
Susan shoots her arrow at one of the soldiers, who drops the dwarf and jumps into the water, followed by his comrade. And Ruth hits the boat.
Peter drops his sword and dives into the water to help the dwarf.
Edmund and I swim out towards the boat and bring it back to shore, as Peter helps the dwarf.
He sputters as his gag falls off, and Lucy uses her dagger to cut the ropes loose.
He stands up and looks at the five of us."Drop him!" He gives an annoyed look at Susan and Ruth.
"What an ungrateful little friend," scoffs Ruth.
"A simple thank you would suffice," Susan retorted.
"They were doing just fine drowning me without your help," he scoffs.
"Maybe we should've let them," Peter tells him sarcastically.
"You should be grateful you're alive," I add as I put my sword back in its scabbard.
"Why are they trying to kill you anyway?" Lucy asks him; she had been the only one of us who had said a kind thing to the poor dwarf since he reached land.
The dwarf sighs; he looks at us, confused for a moment, "They're Telmarines; that's what they do."
"Telmarines," Edmund seems surprised, we all are."In Narnia."
"I thought they had no interest in Narnia," I comment.
"Where you've been for the last hundred years," he asks in disgust.
"It's a bit of a long story," Lucy grins.
Susan hands Rhindon to Peter; the dwarf looks amazed at the sword and then back at us.
"Oh, you've got to be kidding me, you're it, you're the Kings and Queens of Old!"
"Finally, you figure it out," I sigh, crossing my arms.
Peter holds out his hand, "High King Peter the Magnificent."
"He has the longest title out of all of us," I explain, "I'm Queen Verity the Faithful. It should be intelligent, though, and this is..." I motion to Lucy.
"You probably could have left up the last bit..." Susan interrupts me, she was talking to Peter, "And you don't have to put such an emphasis on your intelligence." She turns to me.
The dwarf laughs, "Probably."
"You don't believe we won the Battle of Beruna? That I made the battle plans, and Peter led the battle?" I ask, flustered; I look at my older brother, who pulls out his sword.
"You might be surprised," he says.
"Oh you don't want to be doing that, boy," the dwarf gives him a warning look.
"Not me, them," he points to Edmund and I, "Choose which one."
"The boy," the dwarf says.
Edmund grins and unsheathes his sword.
I step back, as Peter hands the dwarf his sword.
"I'm sorry, Verity," Ruth pats my arm, "You'll still get other chances."
"Why didn't he choose me," I scowl.
Peter looks at me, "He probably underestimates your skill."
"And my intelligence," I add.
"Do you always have to add that," Susan whispered.
I glared at her; why couldn't people show me the respect I deserved?
I watch as the fight begins. It was one of those fights where you jump because the sword is always aimed at your legs so they'll get caught. Edmund did a pretty good job of it; I mean, he was just as good as I. I didn't want to think he was better in skill maybe, but in intelligence.
The dwarf hit Edmund with the hilt of his sword, just below his eye.
"Edmund!" Cries, Lucy.
"Oh, are you alright?" The dwarf asks sarcastically, but Edmund regains his strength.
In a few minutes, he has the dwarf on his knees, his sword knocked out of his hands, and Ed's sword pointed at him.
"Beasts and Bedsteads, maybe that horn worked after all!" He exclaims.
"What horn?" Susan asks him.
"The horn of, well, your horn, your majesty, there's a Narnia legend that if you blow the horn it will call Aslan or maybe the Kings and Queens of Old," he explains.
"And someone did, that's why we're back," I ask.
"Not just someone, Prince Caspian and his sister Princess Leona," he replies, his eyes lit up."They need help to retrieve Caspian's throne back from his uncle. They're Telmarines, you see."
"Telmarines aren't they the people who tried to drown you!" Ruth exclaims.
"And we're supposed to help them?" Peter was confused.
"It's not like helping the enemy; I think they might've joined forces with us Narnians, and anyways, they need your help." The dwarf answers.
"But you don't know," Ruth adds.
"Yes," Trumpkin hangs his head
"Well, we could at least come and meet that Prince and Princess," Peter sighs.
And so it was arranged, we were going to go meet that Prince Caspian and his sister. I thought it was a stupid idea because we didn't know if they were friend or foe, but we had no other choice.