Chapter 14 For Narnia!

This should be obvious. The battle belongs to God, not us.
Verity's pov
Peter and I make our way to Miraz's room. We have trouble finding it though.
First, we come to the baby's room. The baby was so cute, dressed in royalty clothing.
I smile at it, "Aww isn't he cute."
"Where did that come from?" Peter asks, making me sober up.
"Didn't you know Miraz had a son," I pull my brother out of the room.
At that moment I see a sword right in front of me, pointing at my throat.
"Thornea, I've found you, now I can finally avenge my father's blood. Your father's dead anyways, he isn't Lord Erevos anymore!" I look up to see a young lord; he couldn't have been older than Peter.
"Thornea? What are you talking about!" I ask.
Peter unsheathes his sword, "Now, whoever you are, let go of my sister!"
My heart is pounding a mile a minute, I find Peter's hand and hold onto it.
"You didn't succeed, though, cousin; I'm Lord Raven," he smiles fanatically.
"I said let her go," Peter says firmly.
I find the strength to kick the man's shin. He yelps in pain and drops his sword, and Peter and I run down to the corridor; what we see is more trouble.
Leona's pov
Susan and I run after my brother, "Caspian!" I yell stop, "Don't even think of challenging Miraz!"
We reach Miraz's room; Caspian was pointing a sword at our uncle, who chuckled when he saw him."Thank goodness you are safe."
"Get up," orders Caspian unmercifully.
I hear Aunt Prunsampia say, "Caspian." She looks at me, "Leona, why did you run away?"
I don't answer, "Caspian, please don't," I plead.
"Stay where you are," my brother orders my Aunt.
"What are you doing?"
"I should think this obvious, dear," Miraz hints, as Caspian points a sword at him.
"Caspian, we have other things to do," Susan says, she points her bow and arrow at Miraz.
"That doesn't seem to have stopped you," Caspian replies, moving closer to Miraz.
"But you are not like me," our uncle gruelling, "It's sad. The first time you've shown a backbone and it's such a waste."
"Put the sword down, Caspian," My Aunt says threatening. She's holding a crossbow pointed at my brother.
"You put the crossbow down," I shout, pulling out my sword."That's not true, Caspian, and you know it."
"I don't want you to do this." My aunt says.
"Well, you can, but I don't think we'd want to lose a comrade in arms," In came Verity with Peter.
I glared at her, she could be so cruel.
"Verity," Susan scolds her sister shocked at her behaviour, "What's wrong with you?"
They both point a sword at Miraz.
"You know this used to be a private room," comments Miraz.
"What are you doing? You're supposed to be in the gatehouse," Peter says, annoyed.
"My guess was he couldn't follow orders," Verity sighs sarcastically.
I glare again at her, she can be so antagonizing with her remarks.
"No," shouts Caspian; he looks at Miraz, "Tonight, for once, I want the truth! Did you kill my father?"
The smirk on my uncle's face was the worst I'd ever seen, "Now we get to it."
Aunt Prunsampia lowers the crossbow, "You said your brother died in his sleep?"
"That was more or less true," Miraz answers.
"Liar!" I yell, tears streaming down my face; I stand beside my brother." I hate you!"
"Caspian, Leona, this won't make things any better," Susan warns us.
"Listen to her, if you can't listen to us, she has wisdom too," Verity tells us coolly
"How could you!" Cries, my aunt.
"For the same reason you'd pull that trigger for our son," Miraz yells; he deliberately walks closer to Caspian's sword.
Blood trickles from his neck, and I cringe.
"Or do you want him to be like Caspian and Leona here?" He asks, "Fatherless!"
"No!" Screams my aunt, she pulls the trigger and I can feel a sharp pain in my arm.
"No, Leona!" She cries realizing what she'd done.
Miraz escapes, and I feel the world swimming around me. "Leona!" I hear Caspian say. He puts an arm around me.
"I'm fine," I mutter.
We run out of our uncle and aunt's room. Caspian still supporting me.
Verity's pov
Our supposed element of surprise was ruined. Leona was wounded, and Miraz knew the plan. But we'd still be better prepared.
"Let's go," Peter and I say at the same time, as we run out to the courtyard.
"Peter, Verity!" Susan yells in protest.
"Our troops are just outside," Peter explains, "Now, Ed, signal the troops!"
"Remember the code or have you forgotten," I shout up to my brother.
"I'm a bit busy, Pete and Verity," he replies.
We both make it to the gate after we get rid of a few soldiers in our way. Peter begins to push the wheel and I help him."Come on, with my strategy, the Telmarines will be confused by the end." I tell my brother.
"It's not just your plan, I'm still the leader, remember," Peter retorts. I give him an annoyed shove.
"Peter, Verity, it's too late," Susan says.
"No, help us; we can still do this!" Peter groans.
Susan and Caspian sigh and join us. Leona's watching from behind."Exactly who are you doing this for, Peter and Verity?" We ignore her.
I look up to see Edmund, trying to get his torch to work, "Come on, Ed, we haven't got all day!" I yell.
Finally, he gets it on, just as we finish with the gate. He sends his signal and I can hear our troops running for it.
We all get ready, pulling out our swords, including Leona.
"For Narnia!" Peter and I shout enthusiastically, as our troops come in. Ruth uses her bow and arrow to shoot down the guards at the gate.
By then, Miraz's men are fully equipped for battle, and we break into battle.
I take care of the soldiers below, while Peter does at the stairs. I watch in despair as a Minotaur tries to attack Miraz, who's watching from the balcony. But he sees the minotaur and knocks him over.
Peter gives him a look of disgust.
"We're not all at a loss, Pete," I shout. He looks at my direction, "Verity, look out!"
I turn around just in time to see Edmund, slide down the roof and knock over an archer, who was aimed for me.
Just as he does, he doesn't realize a whole line of them were there, closing him in.
"Ed!" My oldest brother and I yell.
He runs away from them into a door and closes it behind him.
I see Leona's pretty skilled already despite her wound. It ought to be looked at, but I didn't have time. I continue my fighting with Susan and Ruth beside me.
A few minutes later, I see Trumpkin crash to the ground. I cry out, "No, not Trumpkin!"
I hear the gate close, those Telmarines were smart, too smart.
I look to Peter for leadership; he has a distressed look on his face."Fall back!"
"No, we can't give up!" I shout back.
"But we have to," Ruth grabs my hand, but I pull away, "I'll take care of this."
"But Verity!" Protests Ruth.
"You leave if you want," I reply.
Peter jumps down the stairs, "We need to retreat now!"
However, I don't listen; we have to win this; I'd much rather die than retreat. A minotaur runs and holds the gate up.
"Get them out of here!" Peter yells to Glenstorm, who helps Susan and Ruth up.
"Caspian!" Susan cries.
"And Verity! And Leona!" Calls Ruth
"I'll find them, go," he orders.
He turns around, watching me fight a soldier.
"What are you doing, didn't you hear me!" He shouts at me.
"You're a coward, we never gave up that easily!" I retort.
"No, we have to go now!" He grabs my arm, but I yank it away."Watch out!"
He turns around to find a Telmarine charging at him. He gets him down and takes my hand again.
"Come on, Verity!"
But I refuse, "Now we can't give up! I'd rather die than surrender."
As soon as I say it, I feel my leg on fire.
"Got you now, Thornea!" I see that insane Lord from the balcony, beside Miraz and the General.
Miraz is shooting a crossbow like a madman.
I fall from the pain, but my brother catches me. He picks me up in his arms, and I pull out the arrow.
"I'm fine," I say. As I flinch from the pain.
"No you're not," he answers.
I see Caspian and Leona and an old man riding on horses, with one extra horse.
Peter jumps on it with me, and we ride under the gate.
The minotaur was injured with so many arrows.
Soon after we make it across, he gives up. The gate crashes down.
I hear soldiers yelling for help. I bury my face in Peter's shoulder. I can't bear it! I wish I could help, but I can't.
"Peter! The bridge!" Yells Caspian.
I don't see what happened, but I know we made it out of the castle area just in time.