Chapter Five

During the 30-minute break, everyone in the theatre-like room was either huddled and chatting amongst their friends, like the Aks and the Adults, or at the snack table, taking up whatever snacks and drinks they could find before the break period was up.

And speaking of the snack table...

Diego was at the snack table, staring at the array of delicious fruit snacks that were laid out neatly on the table, when he looked up from the fruit snacks and saw the same pretty raven-haired girl, who was a few meters away from him, picking out some chocolate snacks from the tray. She was the same girl whom he had seen earlier.

It was almost as if he sensed that this girl was coming here at the snack table.

And now this was his chance to meet her.

Or that's what he had hoped.

Anyways, Diego took a deep breath and gathered all the courage and confidence he could muster as he slowly walked over to the aforementioned girl. The fruit snacks can wait, as Diego wasn't necessarily hungry.

By the time Diego found himself beside the girl, he leaned against the edge of the table, his right, and planted on his hip as he gave a friendly wave, hoping to get her attention.

Like how Diego was in Auradon (he had no idea if he was, but let's say he does) he had to act like a gentleman, although he was one.

"Hello," Diego greeted. He had a warm smile on his handsome face.

The girl ignored him, pretending that Diego wasn't beside her.

Diego's smile faltered, but he wasn't going to give up that easily.

So, he tried again.

"Hello," he said again. He had a hopeful smile.

This time, the girl paused and turned around to face him. She narrowed her indigo eyes at him, looking annoyed.

Just by looking at her, Diego could tell that she didn't want him beside her. So, he meekly took a step back.

She still looked annoyed, but Diego was determined.

As Diego is about to say something, the raven-haired girl cuts him off.

"I have no interest in dating Isle boys," she said sternly and had a scowl expression on her face.

Diego held his hands in the air defensively.

"Whoa, I'm not here to date you," Diego said with a soft chuckle, "I'm just here to say hello and start a little conversation."

"Yeah, which leads to getting to know me, and then liking me and starting dating me," the girl said. There was a trace of irritation in her tone.

'God, this girl is a tough nut to crack,' Diego thought.

"Look, I'm not here to date you, since I just met you," Diego assured her. "I'm just here saying hello and getting to meet you like how we're stuck here until the reading is finished. Look at the other AKs and VKs. They are conversing with each other."

Diego motioned his left hand to the crowd of AKs and VKs talking amongst each other while sitting in their bean bags.

The girl rolled her eyes.

"Look, just because you see other AKs and VKs are talking to each other, that doesn't mean I should talk to you or get to know you," the raven-haired beauty said sternly. "And like I said, I have zero interest in dating Isle guys like you. I'd rather date a dwarf boy than an Isle boy."

The girl's words pierced threw Diego like a sword as he stared at her in shock. He couldn't even find words to say because he was in a state of shock.

That was mean of her to say that.