CHAPTER TWO

I woke up late the next afternoon and I could already sense something was wrong. My usual vanilla-smelling townhouse is now filled with a completely different smell. Alarmed, I grabbed my emergency gun under my bed and cautiously walked downstairs towards the kitchen. I pointed my gun in the direction of the clinking of pots and pans and aimed my gun at the large figure with his back to me, standing in my pantry.

"What the fuck Simba?" I lowered my gun when he turned around with a bunch of ingredients in his right hand and orange juice in his left.

He doesn't even flinch at the sight of my gun. He placed the items on the counter and walked towards me, his steps measured and confident,"Good morning beautiful." He said with a charming smile and placed a kiss on my cheek. I was too stunned to speak. This man was unnervingly calm for his own good.

As I looked around I saw the fresh red roses that filled my dining room table, kitchen island and coffee table. Is this the best he's got? I thought to myself and rolled my eyes.

He took my hand and led me out onto the patio. The table is filled with trays of different fruit, my favourite morning snacks and bottles of champagne on ice.

"Take a seat." He said, pulling out my chair and poured me a glass of champagne with a dash of orange juice. "This is for you." He placed a tray with a blunt rolled and my lighter.

I picked up the blunt before coming to my senses and immediately put it down. "You broke into my house to prepare me breakfast?" I asked incredulously. 

Simba has always been a hard-headed man, I learnt this early in our relationship. Once he's decided to do something, there was hardly no convincing him differently.

"What do you want in your omelette?" He grinned, ignoring my question and placed a mimosa in front of me. "The usual?"

I shook my and placed the gun on the table. "You're crazy, you know that right?"

"Only for you." He said as he turned back to the kitchen and sauntered through the sliding doors.

He returned a short while later with two plates in his hands. "You need to eat." He nodded his head at my plate and waited for me to dig in.

I don't like being told what to do. No one has told what to do in a long time, that included my parents. I was twenty four years old, running my own company and very much independant. So, him showing up here after such a long time, thinking he could change my life and start taking charge pissed me off and was not going to happen.

My phone interrupted our stare off, "Hey girl." I answered, reluctantly pulling my eyes from Simba's. "What did you find?"

His eyebrow quirked up at my conversation. "Nothing mama. She's worse than you. The girl is a ghost." She emphasised. 

"Shit." I rolled my eyes in disappointment, "I swear I've heard that name somewhere." I used one hand to rub my fingers in my temple. "Alright, thanks, girl." 

"Do I want to know what you're up to?" He asked after I hung up, his black eyes staring at me over the brim of his coffee mug.

"No." I smiled mischievously and devoured my omelette. Who knew being a bridesmaid was such a handful, I didn't get a moment to eat yesterday. All I had were tapas in between the ceremony. "So." I placed my knife and fork onto my plate once I ate my last bite. "What do you want Simba?" I asked once I finished swallowing my food.

"You." He answered quickly with so much certainty and no hesitation. The conviction in his voice almost got me. Almost.

"I'm not doing whatever this..." I pointed at the space between the two of us. "...was."