1.7

The four teens sat at the back of a large, white bus. Amaya and Annabeth were sat on the right, with Annabeth having the window seat and Amaya placed on the aisle. Percy and Grover were seated across the aisle from the two girls with Grover on the window seat and Percy with the aisle. A rather large man had just come out of the bathroom leaving a putrid smell behind.

"There is no way this is what sacred smells like." Percy said turning his head to look at the two girls to be meet with the sight of Amaya literally gaging.

"Fuck no." She girl hissed covering her nose and closing her eyes, trying to block the smell out of all her senses.

"We're soldiers on a mission. It's not a vacation." Annabeth spoke, slightly nudging Amaya trying to get the girl to stop overreacting.

"Thank you, for clearing that up." Percy bit back. "But if this is so important, why didn't Chiron spring for plane tickets? This seems kind of low priority, doesn't it?"

"Sorry, I assumed someone had told you." Grover pipped up.

"Tell me what?" The golden boy asked looking back to Amaya briefly before turning his attention back to Grover.

"Percy, it isn't just the monsters who are going to be trying to stop us. You're a forbidden child. So is Amaya. Zeus might decide to take a shot at you two himself. The sky is his domain. We'd be serving you both up on a silver platter to try and travel through it."

"Yeah, no one mentioned that." Percy said turning his head forward.

"Don't worry sunshine, you'll get used to it." Amaya said from her seat, slightly smiling at the boy.

🔱

Amaya and Annabeth stood up as the bus came to a stop at a gas station.

"Okay, we're gonna go get y'all some snacks." Annabeth decided.

"I'll come with you." Percy said standing up from his seat.

"No, you'll stay right there." Amaya spoke spinning around and placing a hand on Percy's shoulder guiding him back into his seat.

"Why? It smells terrible back here." The boy argued.

"Monsters can't smell you through that, so that's where I want you." Amaya explained.

"I wanna vote." Percy persisted making Amaya roll her eyes. "Who thinks that we should all go get to breathe fresh air and buy our own snacks." The boy of Poseidon argued raising his hand in a voting jester.

"There's no voting. Chips and soda's okay for you guys?" Annabeth stepped in.

"I don't think you should get to just decided we don't vote." Percy sassed; Amaya stared blankly at the boy before turning her look to Grover as if to say are you fucking serious. Grover just shrugged his shoulders towards the dark-haired girl.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Annabeth continued.

"Okay. I wanna vote on whether you get to decided that we don't vote." Percy stated, Amaya gave Percy another blank stare, this time the boy met her gaze giving her an innocent smile making her roll her eyes again.

"Grover, please, can you help your..." Annabeth was cut of by Grover slowly clapping. "Friend." She finished unsure of what Grover was about to do.

"I really don't wanna be a tiebreaker. I have a better idea." The satyr spoke. "Oh, golly, the road's gettin' bumpy 'cause I got me some friends who just can't get along. Oh, dear! When the team's getting' grumpy, the trick to gettin' through it is singin' this song- "Grover sang, this time receiving blank stares from not only Amaya, but Percy and Annabeth too.