The Exploration of Eden: Prologue

+*+*+ Hello friends! I welcome all feedback, whether negative or positive!!! Please tell me your opinions,

Ching <3 

+*+*+* 

Eden was walking along the hallway barefoot, having just arrived from school. It was the February 28th, the last day of summer in Australia. Eden was sad to see summer end, she enjoyed the sun on her back, flopping around the pool.  Her summer had been quiet yet satisfying. No dramas, just herself and her best friend Kate.

Eden was pale, and burnt easily, but this did not stop her from sitting underneath the sun. Her golden hair only brightened during summer, and as winter neared it became dull and lifeless. Eden’s eyes were mesmerizing – when she was in an excellent mood, they turned bottle green. However when her mood dimmed, they turned hazel.  Kate’s hair was dark and reached her hips. Her hair matched her eyes, a chocolate brown. Kate did not burn easily, Kate skin would start to tan ten minutes after sitting in the sun.

Eden was hot and dehydrated, partially from the heat but mainly from lack of water. She stepped inside the kitchen and took out a glass from the cupboard above the stove, and filled it up with chilled water. She downed the water quickly, refreshed instantly.  She left the cup in the sink and proceeded to the front door, where her hammock swung in the breeze.

She saw her mum in the car park in the driveway, looking stressed and tired. “Hey mum, how was work?” She smiled at her mum. Eden’s mother had hallowed eyes and dark circles, faint wrinkles starting to produce in the corners. Her brown hair was also starting to show slight silvery wisps around her temple, but she still looked beautiful.

“Oh, you know, stressful as always. That awful boss of mine gave me an important report just as I left the door, insisting I completed it by tomorrow at 9 O’clock.” She sighed heavily, “I’ll have to start on it now honey, can’t talk now.” Eden’s mum smiled a sad smile, and looked defeated.

“Well, if you need anything… I’ll be outside.” Eden gave her mum a genuine smile, hoping it would fill her with happiness.

“Thanks hon.”

Eden walked along the balcony of her Queenslander, which enclosed her entire house. It was a nice house, it wasn’t too modern yet not out-dated, it had that homey feel. Her hammock swung blissfully in the breeze, ever so tempting. Her book, Gone, was sitting on the table next to it. She sat down and started to read about the disappearances of people over the age of fifteen,

Her eyes started to droop involuntarily, her breaths slowed. She was awfully sleepy and fell into a slumber…

*-----------**-----------**-----------*

It was very odd to been seen at Pearson Lane dressed in a pink and white floral dress, with little frills along the seam line. In fact, it was unheard for a girl at the ripe age of sixteen to be seen in Pearson Lane at all. No one else in Pearson Alley was wearing floral dresses; the dress code was simple – plain black, no colour.

The shop owners of Pearson Lane had many customers, many looking for a bargain. A stall outside of the little store Hybrid Hoarders had jars each containing a fetus each, advertised at the cheap price of $19.99. Another store, which sold crocodile faeces and toad saliva, was also advertised reasonably. A shop owner, whom was placing jars in a methodical order at the edge of the store’s window, gave a loud bark as he saw the brightly coloured girl, “Pretty girl in such a dim place! ‘Ol mother said the day that ‘appened would be the day she turned over in ‘er grave!” He continued to laugh.

This did not deter the girl in the pink and white floral dress, with her chunky purse hanging loosely over her shoulder. The girl barely took notice of the colourless people. As she neared a group of them, they glared. They watched her walk carelessly, a strut in her step, envying how she could be so unconcerned in such a dangerous area. An ancient woman with silver and grey hair snarled at her and whispered to her husband, “Filth in Pearson … Filth in beauty”. The girl paid no attention.