Ancient History

"I have a baby bump. I can't be in your music video." I told Cody as we stood on set. "Why didn't you hire an actress?"

"Because I figured I could convince you to do it. I don't want to make out with a random stranger." Cody pouted. "You don't look pregnant in lose clothing."

"No, I'm not doing it." I said firmly, but his puppy dog eyes were breaking me down. "Your lack of planning is not my emergency. I am not being your actress."

"Fine, then I'll get Lauren to do it. She's an actress." Cody began to walk away.

I grabbed his wrist. "Excuse me what? You are not getting my best friend to make out with you and filming it! Find an actress!"

"Lauren is an actress." Cody smirked. "She's been in music videos before."

"I'll do it, whatever it is." Lauren called, her blonde head poking around the corner. "You want me to be an extra or something? I heard actress."

"No, not exactly." Cody blushed "I need a main actress." Lauren's eyes widened. "Uh, I saw the script. Are you sure? Because I'm totally up for it, but I'm not sure your wife is going to be okay with it."

"She's not." I glared at my friend.

"Someone has to do it! At least Lauren's not a stran-"Cody stopped as my glare intensified.

"Why isn't Aly doing it?" Lauren asked cautiously.

"Baby bump." I motioned to my stomach. I had to admit, it was hard to tell I was a pregnant when I wore the right clothing. My tummy wasn't huge and it was only when I wore tight shirts that little Ashlyn was actually visible.

"Fine, I guess I'll do it then." Lauren shrugged. "Great, then let's go get you dressed." They started walking away.

"Guys! Guys! I'm not okay with this!" I protested, catching both their wrists. Cody stopped, looking at me expectantly. "UGH! Fine. Fine. Fine! I'll do it."

Cody smirked and whispered something in Lauren's ear. She nodded and laughed, walking towards the food table. He then took my hand and kissed my wrist. "Thank you." He murmured against my skin.

Twenty minutes later I found myself standing in a living room, the director trying to give me motivation to be pissed at Cody for the opening scene, but it really wasn't that hard. I was still pretty upset that I had been roped into this whole situation.

"Are we going out tonight or what?" I whipped the words at him with as much attitude as possible. "It's like you don't care."

"I don't care?" Cody snapped and his acting took me aback a little.

"Yeah! You don't care!" I threw back at him.

The set was kind of quite as we finished the argument. Everyone was holding their breath, wondering if we were acting or actually fighting.

Cody cautiously made his way to me. "Uh...you...we...we're good-"I rolled my eyes and cut him off with a kiss.

"We're good." I promised him. "I was a theatre minor, remember?" I gave him another little kiss. Cody nodded and before he could say anything I was being pulled away to dress up for the party scene.

"Uh...I don't know how comfortable I am with..." I trailed off. We were filming the hot and heavy kissing scene and it was sinking in that a camera was going to be watching me and Cody as we made out.

"Just forget that the camera's there. It's just another ordinary night." Cody soothed, cupping my face. "Don't worry." He went to kiss me, but the director clapped his hands and physically walked through us.