PROLOGUE

Trophy sat on his bed, yawning and stretching his limbs, his hands holding his weight up effortlessly as he stared up at the ceiling, his paws tapping the sheets below him. He really didn't feel like getting out of bed, but then again, he had to start getting back on his usual schedule, he didn't want to fall right out of line like he had all those times before. His tail wrapped around his leg, boredom nearly driving him to writhe in his current lazed position, sprawling his limbs out before folding them and flopping onto his stomach, using his paws to bring himself back up and off of his bed.

The snow which piled up at least 5 inches all over the grass, trees, and rooftop gave his room a soft white tint, the blinds muffling the bright lights that shone through his windows. It was, of course, winter. There was going to be a lot of snow for the next few weeks, especially considering he was all the way in Colorado, he wouldn't be seeing the fresh greens of the wild for a long time. Though he wasn't particularly mad about it, he much preferred spring over winter, mostly because of the better photo quality, winter just wasn't aesthetically pleasing to him.

" Mmmm... " Tissues rolled onto his side, shivering softly, his movement, although subtle, managing to catch the attention of Trophy, causing him to turn and stare down at the smaller, weak object which lay right by where he originally was, opening his eyes warily and looking up at Trophy. " Good morning Mr. Horseplay... " His voice was soft and shaky, his eyes droopy and dazed, just the sort of expression you'd expect from such a sickly object such as poor Tissues, especially with the winter weather.

" Morning Tissues. " Trophy smiled slightly, before immediately dropping it and looking to the door. " I'll be right back, give me a minute. " He turned on his fluffy heel, walking over to the door and turning the knob to the right, opening it with a single step backwards before walking through the door and closing it behind himself, letting go of the door, making his way right out of the hallway and into the hotel's kitchen, walking right over to the fridge where he opened the door and grabbed the tea pitcher right out of the fridge with both of his hands, bringing it out and onto the kitchen counter, being careful not to let it spill.

He reached into one of the cabinets just right above the counter, grabbing a mug from it's insides and closing it back up right after, setting the mug gently onto the counter, before grabbing the pitcher, turning the lid, and pouring a good amount of tea into it, making sure it wasn't too much, he didn't want Tissues to spill it all over himself like he had just yesterday. He prepared a second cup for himself as well, figuring he'd want something to get rid of the terrible morning taste in his mouth, which he did without a doubt, picking his own cup up and downing it before placing the now emptied cup into the sink and grabbing Tissues' 3 things of pills as well as his mug of tea, leaving the kitchen to take it to their room.

" Back. " Trophy walked into the room, making his way over to his bed, setting the pills as well as the mug of tea onto the nightstand beside it, stretching his back, his arms making soft popping sounds as he watched Tissues shakily grab the pill bottles, taking each and every pill one by one with the help of the herbal tea. Trophy watched Tissues carefully, making sure he wouldn't spill his cup, ensuring this by holding the cup slightly up to Tissues face, keeping it steady as Tissues took slow sips of it, smiling as they finished the last few drops with a soft exhale, setting the empty mug back onto the nightstand, right next to their pill bottles.

Trophy stared down at Tissues lovingly, his posture softening as he tucked his tail and sat next to Tissues, wrapping an arm around him gently and pulling him close with a soft, sweet smile. " Did you sleep alright? " His voice dripped with honey, his eyelids hiding half of his eyeballs as he stared down at his significant other, watching as they stretched and nodded, nodding back at him. " There's a whole lot of snow outside today. If we're quick, we might be able to beat everyone else to it and be the first two outside. "