ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪ

2024

2024

As the train rapidly approached, both Kora's and Lucas's hands tried to grasp the [h/c]-ette, but where stopped by near individuals, preventing them to fall into the tracks too.
The duo watched petrified as the wagon made its way to their best friend, still seated on the ground and trying desperately to move, but frozen by fear.
"No way" the girl mumbled.
And in that moment, as the train finally reached [Name], the young girl uttered her last words.
"Well, at least I get to skip the math test."

Ba-Dump

You snapped your eyes open, quickly glancing around you.
You were expecting to find yourself still on the tracks, but now you were seated on one of the seats of the train, a big window behind you.
'Okay this is weird' you thought, still trying to understand what was happening.

As you were looking around, now trying to find your two friends, you patted down your jacket, in the search of your beloved phone.
When you found it, you quickly took it out of your pocket. Unlocking it, you opened up the last chat, being the one with the duo.

However, before even trying to text something, you took notice how your phone didn't have signal.

'Just my luck'

Huffing, you put your phone away. Standing up, your hanging earphone gently brushed against the winter jacket you had on since morning.
Moving around the wagon, you tried to get a glimpse of the outside view, widening your [e/c] eyes when noticing the bright sun shining down on the city landscape.

"What. The. Actual. Fuck"

The outside weather was full on summer mode, birds chirping through the sky, blooming trees slightly being shaken by the cool breeze. In the streets there were some cars, their windows down to let the nice cooling air in. Children laughing on the sidewalks, enjoying their day off school, maybe planning to get some cold treats to ease the hot weather.

You furrowed your brows, now turning your gaze back towards the other people around you. There where all kind of individuals: a man was silently reading a newspaper, a bored expression on his face. Some old ladies were sitting together, entertaining each others with a nice conversation. Not far from you was a small group of school girls, not much younger than you.

As they giggled about some something, you continued observing the wagon, seeking for some sort of indication of where you were.
You fished out your phone from the bottom of your pocket, finally looking at the time for the first time since you "woke" up on the train.
'Okay it's like 10 am- Wait, why does it says July on here??'

Rubbing your eyes with your hand, you tried to check the phone screen again, pondering whether you were going through a really weird dream.
You clearly remember waking up in the morning, exiting your house and be greeted by the cold, almost snowy weather. You lightly scratched your head, 'This isn't right...'